Looking for a new Fork.- Mtbr.com
    WooHoo Biking!!!!

Looking for a new Fork.

I am looking to replace the Fox Talas on my 2003 Trek Liquid. I was thinking of the Manitou Minute 3:00 which is on sale. Does anyone have any ideas or sugesstions about that fork?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by goodvibe
    I am looking to replace the Fox Talas on my 2003 Trek Liquid. I was thinking of the Manitou Minute 3:00 which is on sale. Does anyone have any ideas or sugesstions about that fork?
    It's hard to recommend without knowing what you want out of it. I just mounted up a Minute 3, but haven't ridden it yet. The main features for me are the IT remote travel adjust, and SPVE, so I assume they might be what you want.

Your other option is to get the Talas PUSHed, since folks that have done that rave about the fork afterwards.

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fsrxc
    It's hard to recommend without knowing what you want out of it. I just mounted up a Minute 3, but haven't ridden it yet. The main features for me are the IT remote travel adjust, and SPVE, so I assume they might be what you want.

Your other option is to get the Talas PUSHed, since folks that have done that rave about the fork afterwards.
    I have the TALAS now, but I am replacing the seals for the third time this year. I am looking for something reliable.

Freshly Fujified

Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by goodvibe
    I have the TALAS now, but I am replacing the seals for the third time this year. I am looking for something reliable.
    If you're concerned about reliability issues, then I don't know that Manitou has the answer for you. They have been very hit or miss on quality. A couple of thoughts if I may. Try using a different set of seals. Enduro Seals (www.enduroseals.com) have an excellent reputation, and the website has thorough installation isntructions including pics. Hopefully this is not a route you've tried yet, as it will save you a ton of money and aggrivation. Another option would be a Rock Shox Reba. I'm no Rock Shox gan, but the reviews on this fork are outstanding. Lastly, I'm very much a Marzoccho proponent, and would recommend looking at some of the Marathon products as a potential.

Best wishes in finding an answer to your dilemma.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Members who have read this thread: 0