Less maintenance Enduro's or oem fork seals ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Less maintenance Enduro's or oem fork seals ?

I have a RS PIke Dual Air that I am going to change the semi-bath oil and thought it might be a good time to change the fork seals (almost two seasons of use). I have a new set of oem RS seals and a set of Enduro's on the work bench. I believe the Enduro's will seal better but do you really have to clean and lube the stanchions before every ride ? My RS seals have gone over a season w/o any issues and minimal stanchion lubing. Thanks

Oct 2005
    RS seals are actually quite good. If you like them, use them. As far as the second question goes, in my case, I don't lube my Fox with Enduros every time I ride. I greased the seals and have a supply of grease in between my seals which seems to last a few months. A little bit gets into the surface and keeps the stanchion lubed.

mtbr member
    May 2007

good luck with Enduro here in AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    RS seals are actually quite good. If you like them, use them. As far as the second question goes, in my case, I don't lube my Fox with Enduros every time I ride. I greased the seals and have a supply of grease in between my seals which seems to last a few months. A little bit gets into the surface and keeps the stanchion lubed.
    I've had great succes with the Enduro seals here in N AZ..........much better than stock FOX seals in my experiences......not familiar with RS seals but the OEM FOX seals from 04 to 07 were pretty crappy,,,,,,,, Marz's still seem to be the best OEM and fit a huge range of forks

Members who have read this thread: 0