Just got a Fox 2007 F80RLC fork - wow!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Just got a Fox 2007 F80RLC fork - wow!

By far the most impressive packaging effort of any fork I've ever bought in my 15+years of buying forks back to the original Manitou 1 forks. The box, the killer Fox fork pump included, the beautiful owners manual with cd-rom, decals, poster, everything - first class all the way, heck even a star-fangled nut is included. In contrast to my new Manitou R7 Platinum I also just received which was a fork only, stuck in a box and a 50-language owners guide with 4-point type that didn't even have recommended spring air settings in it. One made me feel good about buying it, one made me realize how it's easy to cut corners across the board, yet still charge retail $600 dollars.

Anyway, I have never bought a Fox product before, but I just thought I'd give them some credit for the amount of effort and expense went into the fork. The thing is beautiful, all the metal parts are machined to perfection, with etchings all over the place.

The only thing bumming me out is the weight - this is their lightest 80mm XC fork, and it hits my scale at 3 pounds 11 ounces uncut - my R7 Platinum was 3 pounds 2 ounces uncut - a full 1/2 pound lighter. A half pound? Yikes, I thought it would be maybe 2-3 ounces more.

So, 2 thumbs up to Fox for making their forks in the US, and making it look like they really care about the little details.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Any pics curtlo? Yet to see one of the new white/gold forks on a bike! thanks and good luck with it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    as nice as the packaging is, the performance is even better. Fox makes good quality stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    After a week, it's staying put. I thought at first it was TOO heavy duty for XC race use, looks strange at first compared to a 2001 Manitou Mars. So I put the Mars back on and took a ride, and was going to sell the Fox while the resale value is high...one ride, and the Fox stays. It is so freakin' sturdy, I feel I can hit any size bump and it will go right over it. I'll take a pic or two shortly.

Members who have read this thread: 0