Judy SL 1998 help needed- Mtbr.com

Jun 2009

Judy SL 1998 help needed

I have a Trek 9900 form '98 and I want to bring it back to life. I haven't used it for two years and the front shock died. I was looking for last few months for a replacement cartridge but I cant find in anywhere. Is there any chance to get one? Anyone know where can I buy it. I'm looking regularly at ebay, but they only have whole shocks from time to time and I cant afford right now $200 and it's still going to be a used one so it might die too. I want to keep the bike as original as possible so I don't want to get a new shock.

Former Bike Wrench
    Contact White Bros, they still have some Hardbody cartridges for 95-98 Judy forks in stock

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'd suggest spending the money on a new fork. Even if it's working properly, it still won't work nearly as well as a modern suspension fork.

Jun 2009
    Thnaks mtnbiker72, I did write an email to them but they didn't respond. And that was last week. I'll try again.

bad mechanic, I was thinking about it but first, I cant afford spending $500 right now and second, I want to keep the bike stock.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kotkrzy
    Thnaks mtnbiker72, I did write an email to them but they didn't respond. And that was last week. I'll try again.

bad mechanic, I was thinking about it but first, I cant afford spending $500 right now and second, I want to keep the bike stock.
    You can find a good used fork for a lot less than that on eBay.

I understand the desire to keep it stock, but a new Rock Shox or Fox works so much better.

Former Bike Wrench
    Try calling White Bros...I don't respond to 3/4 of my emails at work either, but I almost always pick up the phone

Jun 2009
    I did call. I don't know who did I talk too, but he found a solution for me. I ordered a set of springs that should be ok for riding on roads, according to him. I have a really tough financial situation so buying even a used fork is not an option for now. Hopefully the springs will work good enough for riding to work and I will be able to enjoy my bike again and save some money on gas (I'm doing 13mpg ) If this solution want work, I'll look for a used fork. I'll proboblly need some advice then since I have no idea whats going on the market now days. Last time when I knew what was going on it was 10 years ago so things probably changed Thanks for help one again

Jun 2009
    I got the springs and installed them. They work fine. Maybe not as good as new, but the bike is ridable and thats what I needed for now.

Members who have read this thread: 0