Hybrid Enduro/Fox seals- Mtbr.com
    Where's my funny hat?
    Aug 2006

Hybrid Enduro/Fox seals

Just curious as to whether anyone has tried using Enduro wipers with Fox "seals" or vise versa? Wondering whether it will reduce stiction and provide better lubrication than standard Enduro's... Cheers, Steve

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo the Devo
    Just curious as to whether anyone has tried using Enduro wipers with Fox "seals" or vise versa? Wondering whether it will reduce stiction and provide better lubrication than standard Enduro's... Cheers, Steve

I don't get it. Enduro's kit has a oil seal, a felt ring and a wiper. The fox kit just contains a felt ring and a wiper, no seal.

I though you where wondering if you could use the Enduro wiper with the felt seal but without the oil seal.

I am wondering if anybody using a 32 Float or TALAS and Enduro seals has used a bit of oil or grease between the oil seal and the wiper (just on the TALAS side).

Oct 2005
    Well, Fox claims the dust cap is an integrated oil seal, but we all know how well that works. It works like **** as a dust seal as well. Only large particles stay out and they trap smaller ones inside.

The foam ring is not a seal. That helps retain oil at the top, as well as helping wipe some oil off the stanchions before it reaches the seal, which isn't really able to control large amounts of oil.

It could be possible to use an oil seal with the Fox upper seal, but I never checked the depth. It might go too deep to allow an oil seal to fit underneath it.

I grease in between the upper and lower seals and it works well.

Where's my funny hat?
    Aug 2006
    Actually, I was mainly interested in running the Enduro wiper plus the felt ring only; no inner oil seal. Seeing as the problems people have with fox seals is mostly penetration of contaminants past the wiper, I thought it might be a good alternative, and be less sticky than running the inner oil seal as well.

Oct 2005
    I don't know. Maybe Chris2fur knows. I was considering it at one time, but it would still cause something I didn't like, which was oil loss during operation.

Members who have read this thread: 0