How to tell modelyear on a Manitou R7 MRD- Mtbr.com
    a.m
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

How to tell modelyear on a Manitou R7 MRD

I need to find the model year of my R7 MRD. I am on my second fork since 1 bought my new bike and it makes clikking noises all the time. I was promised a new 09 fork but i do not think i got one...

When i look at the Crown, it looks like it is molded a "stamp" with 08 inside. I think it is an 08 but need to be shure.

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Date code stamping really means nothing more than when the part with the date code was made. Alot of companies use this for means of tracking and such. The crown on the R7 has been the same for along time a few years I believe.Parts date coded 2007 can work on a 2010 no problem.

a.m
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    OK, but the serial number must be possible to trace somehow. If someone has any idea how to read the serial number or a Manitou rep can give me an e-mail adress i can ask the question.

I bought a 4000 dollar bike and i will have this fixed. The bike is a 2009 model and i wan`t a 2009 model fork that does not drive me insane when riding. I know that the 2009 model forks is good and if i can tell the sales rep, this is an old fork, now, stop dicking araound and give me what i have paid for..

It works awsome so the function is beautiful, but the clicking sound just drives me insane

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Warranty everything out...see if the clicking is not just an isolated incident.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Ride Everything
    The 2009 forks can have the same clicking problem. Contact Manitou and they will send you the necessary fix kit free.
    GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

Members who have read this thread: 2