Help - Oil leaking from my Skareb- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Help - Oil leaking from my Skareb

I noticed a few days ago a tiny pool of oil on the ground below my shock. The oil was leaking from the rebound adjustment knob on the right side of the fork. Not sure why this happened and not sure what to do about it. The shock is a 05 Manitou Skareb Super. Any suggestions on what I should do would be great. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've got an 04 Skareb Super and have just noticed the same problem. I haven't had enough to collect on the ground, but just noticed oil on the bottom of the fork. I asked a budy of mine that is a mechanic at a shop and he said it was such a small amount that it probably was just leaking from the adjustment knob and it wasn't that big a deal. I'll probably take it apart to look myself when I have a chance.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Let me know if you find out if it is a problem or not. Mine has seemed to stop leaking.

Harky
    Jan 2006
    If your damping action is still OK, then it's probably the loose oil in the bottom of the slider that splash lubricates the moving parts down there... There is an o-ring seal at the bottom of the damper rod that may be leaking. A little wetness it pretty normal..a puddle of oil is not. You will need to break down the forks and check or replace this o-ring.
    There are good instructions on servicing Manitou forks at www.enduroseals.com.

Harky
    Jan 2006
    OOOPS...that link should be www.enduroforkseals.com

Members who have read this thread: 0