Help me understand DPX2 models- Mtbr.com
    Appalachian Singletrack'n

Help me understand DPX2 models

I'm having some difficulty understanding the difference between the versions of the Fox DPX2. I'm looking at a couple of bikes that come with this shock, some of them have the ability to upgrade the shock when you purchase the bike.

DPX2 Factory, I understand this one.

Float DPX2 EVOL Performance Elite , I think this is the same as the factory without the kashima coating at least this is the case for forks and I'm assuming shocks would be the same. Could someone verify my assumption.

DPX2 Evol Performance, I cant find any info on this one as to what is does/has different. I'm assuming it looses some adjustments but its unclear. Could someone explain what this shock lacks that the others have.

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You’re right about the performance elite model.

For the performance model (non-elite) you lose the open-mode adjustability. This is the 10 click compression adjustment seen in the center of the firm/medium/open dial on the factory and PE units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm curious about this as well. Aside from the fact that the Performance is not adjustable for low speed compression damping (open mode), does it control oil flow in the same manner, but simply in with out the adjustment?

Ride On!

mtbr member
    Oops....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus View Post
    You’re right about the performance elite model.

For the performance model (non-elite) you lose the open-mode adjustability. This is the 10 click compression adjustment seen in the center of the firm/medium/open dial on the factory and PE units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm bumping this. As more bikes come with the Performance (non-elite) DPX2, incubus' answer was pretty helpful.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I just got a bike with the Performance, it has a simple screw screwed in where the LSC adjust was on the Performance Elite. Makes me wonder... is it just a case of disabling a feature for OEM equipment, e.g. so manufacturers can differentiate build levels. Wonder if one could "unlock" the LSC.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uknathank View Post
    I just got a bike with the Performance, it has a simple screw screwed in where the LSC adjust was on the Performance Elite. Makes me wonder... is it just a case of disabling a feature for OEM equipment, e.g. so manufacturers can differentiate build levels. Wonder if one could "unlock" the LSC.
    No you can't. There's no needle under there, you would need to buy a whole base valve
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz
    Servicing in Rotorua, NZ/Vorsprung Elite Tuning Centre/DVO service centre/Insta @thesuspensionlab