Help with a Fox Float R- Mtbr.com

Jul 2005

Help with a Fox Float R

My buddy has a Jamis Dakar with a fox float r rear shock. I believe it is considered "stuck down". I read that some guys wrap a towel around the valve area and unscrew it to remove the negative pressure, they said you might need to replace the o ring. Does anyone know where to get a fox float r o ring kit? thanks

Do It Yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by W7_311
    My buddy has a Jamis Dakar with a fox float r rear shock. I believe it is considered "stuck down". I read that some guys wrap a towel around the valve area and unscrew it to remove the negative pressure, they said you might need to replace the o ring. Does anyone know where to get a fox float r o ring kit? thanks

I have no idea what you're talking about but Fox recommends pressurizing the shock to 250 psi as the only possible home remedy for the stuck down condition. If that doesn't work it will need factory service from Fox or Push Industries. Unscrewing the valve isn't going to do anything more than let the air out of the main chamber and the o-ring kit isn't going to help either.
    Long Live Long Rides

Jul 2005
    Anyone have any comments or tips on this?
    here is a link to a similar forum discussion

http://forum.bikemag.com/forum/showf...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Members who have read this thread: 0