Fox X2 vs Fox DPX2 performance comparison?- Mtbr.com
    Dream it, Do it.

Fox X2 vs Fox DPX2 performance comparison?

I'm currently riding a Fox X2 on an Ibis HD4 and the performance of that shock is just kick-a$$ good. Not that I would downgrade to a DPX2, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with both the Fox X2 and the Fox DPX2 and could compare the performance of both?
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I’d be curious if the compression damping “range” was greater with X2 and if ramp is at all adjustable.

I have s DOX2 that is just okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    I'm currently riding a Fox X2 on an Ibis HD4 and the performance of that shock is just kick-a$$ good. Not that I would downgrade to a DPX2, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with both the Fox X2 and the Fox DPX2 and could compare the performance of both?
    Guerilla Gravity Shred Dogg
    Fezzari Signal Peak (For Sale)
    Pivot Shuttle (wife's)

Dream it, Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post
    I’d be curious if the compression damping “range” was greater with X2 and if ramp is at all adjustable.

FWIW, the each click of the compression damping adjustment does make a noticeable difference. I don't know what that means in terms of overall range though.
    Dirt Merchant Bikes
    www.dirtmerchantbikes.com
    Seattle area dealer for Turner Bikes & Cleary Bikes

Underskilled
    I've ridden both, but not back to back so hard to compare.
    However I got asked this question by a friend picking between the two, so did a ton of reading.

From my experience the X2 is great, smooth, grip like nothing else. However it was a bit dull, I prefer lively to controlled.

If I could sum up the X2 it would be "it felt like cheating when I was riding".

I've not ridden the dpx2 enough for my own reviews, but there is some serious love for that shock.

The comparison by Cotic was one of the best. The dpx2 shags the titties of the X2.

Either way, its a win win

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurse Ben View Post

The DPX2 has a huuuuuuuuge variety of tunes so each can feel very different. LSC adjuster isn't very effective though

The current X2, roughly speakings goes from pretty solid compression at full hard, and very soft at the other end. So I would say the damping should be fine for all but the super heavy guys. Ramp is adjustable with volume spacers

The air springs are the biggest difference between the 2, generally the DPX2 is much more "poppy" and the X2 is more "plush"
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz
    Servicing in Rotorua, NZ/Vorsprung Elite Tuning Centre/DVO service centre/Insta @thesuspensionlab