Fox Vanilla RLC 130 noise problem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

Fox Vanilla RLC 130 noise problem

I hear some squeeks when i push down hard on the front fork. The fork is brand new. It feels like it has worked well while riding, but I was wondering if these forks make a little noise when compressed hard. It is a slight squeek, I am thinking oil issue, it is a spring fork, maybe that is normal? If anyone has knowledge or can help me please post. My bike is a Santa Cruz Blur LT. thanks

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    from my experience most forks make some noise when compressed, as the oil moves through the damper assembly. my 06 RLC 130 makes a squishing noise when compressed, but thats about it. Occasionaly you may also hear the spring make noise as it comes in contact with the stantchion upon compression.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    from my experience most forks make some noise when compressed, as the oil moves through the damper assembly. my 06 RLC 130 makes a squishing noise when compressed, but thats about it. Occasionaly you may also hear the spring make noise as it comes in contact with the stantchion upon compression.
    thanks, it sounds like a spring squishing down with a squeek to it- when compressed real hard. if i dont compress real hard, there is no noise.

I think its fine, but the manual dictates i should change the every 200 hours of riding. what is your maintenance intervals? experiences with oil changes?

Members who have read this thread: 0