Fox RP23 Tuning Marks- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Fox RP23 Tuning Marks

What's up with all the tuning labels around the cylinder of RP23?

Example: Rebound - medium... isn't there an adjustment for rebound to make it fast or slow?

I also see tuning marks for "velocity" and "boost valve"... anybody know what these are for.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The label for rebound tuning indicates the range of rebound available to you. So even though you can adjust the rebound, you can only adjust it for a particular range. This gives you more finer adjustments, other wise if you can adjust for the whole range of rebound, each click of the rebound knob would give you a big difference in rebound adjustment, so you can't really finely dial in exactly how much rebound you want.

mtbr member
    The medium on rebound refers to the high speed shim stack on the piston of the shock. Generally set by the bike mfg and FOX as an ideal setting for a certain air pressure range. Light for lower air pressure settings, medum for mid level air pressure settings, firm for higher air pressure settings.

The Velocity rating is for the speed sensitivity of the compression damping, while the boost setting refers to the amount of Propedal and position sensitivity built into the compression damping force curve. Higher velocity ratings and boost ratings indicate increased levels of compression, while lower ratings indicate less.

Darren

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks guys its making sense now.

Well since I got u guys' attention... I might be getting an RP23 from a Yeti seven with these tuning labels: Velocity - F, Rebound - M, Boost Valve - 175...

will these settings work OK for the new Nomads? I'm about 160lbs.. And if its like horribly wrong for the bike, can I have the shock PUSHed to make it ideal?

thanks again...

Members who have read this thread: 1