Fox push to unlock question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

Fox push to unlock question

I am building a new dual suspension bike. The rear shock (2019, FLOAT DPS, F-S, K, Remote Up, Evol SV, PTU Size 6.5 X 1.5) came with a remote that is push to unlock. The remote has the ability to accept another cable for the front shock. Now I am looking at which front shock to purchase - I am only interested in Fox.

I have a few questions:

1) In order to be able to use the existing remote to lock and unlock both front and rear shock at the same time do I have to purchase a 2 position push to unlock front shock?
    2) If I purchased a 3 position front shock would I have to get another remote to operate the front shock remotely or could I somehow use the existing remote?

Thx, Lloyd

mtbr member
    This may not fully answer your querry, but I have a 2018 push to unlock remote running my front and rear. Front is a stepcast 32.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    2018 Santa Cruz Blur
    2015 Santa Cruz Highball
    2016 Jake The Snake

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydus View Post
    2) If I purchased a 3 position front shock would I have to get another remote to operate the front shock remotely or could I somehow use the existing remote?
    Pretty sure you can get a new topcap assembly to convert the fork to push-to-unlock.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by spsoon View Post
    Pretty sure you can get a new topcap assembly to convert the fork to push-to-unlock.
    I ended up talking to Fox on teh phone and they basically said that if the rear was push to unlock remote I could either go manual with the 3 position on the front or get a front with push to unlock remote and then lock/unlock both remotely. Could not combine the two and still have only one remote.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydus View Post
    Could not combine the two and still have only one remote.
    That doesn't sound right. You can definitely do it if you get a push-to-unlock fork, and I'm 99% sure that pre-2018 forks can be converted to push-to-unlock.

You have this remote with your rear shock?
    https://omnico.co.za/fox-remote-lock...dual-pull-2018

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by spsoon View Post
    That doesn't sound right. You can definitely do it if you get a push-to-unlock fork, and I'm 99% sure that pre-2018 forks can be converted to push-to-unlock.

You have this remote with your rear shock?
    https://omnico.co.za/fox-remote-lock...dual-pull-2018
    Yes that's the remote I have.

I am not an expert on this but if you have a push to unlock front fork then by definition you do not have a 3 position front fork, right? So if you get a 3 position front fork and want to operate it remotely then you have to get a remote that matches it and my remote does not. With the remote that I have I can buy a push to unlock front for and just thread it into my remote and I will have a remote that operates the front and rear shock at the same time either locking them out or letting them operate.