• 10-07-2019
    lloydus
    Fox push to unlock question
    I am building a new dual suspension bike. The rear shock (2019, FLOAT DPS, F-S, K, Remote Up, Evol SV, PTU Size 6.5 X 1.5) came with a remote that is push to unlock. The remote has the ability to accept another cable for the front shock. Now I am looking at which front shock to purchase - I am only interested in Fox.

I have a few questions:

1) In order to be able to use the existing remote to lock and unlock both front and rear shock at the same time do I have to purchase a 2 position push to unlock front shock?
    2) If I purchased a 3 position front shock would I have to get another remote to operate the front shock remotely or could I somehow use the existing remote?

Thx, Lloyd
  • 10-08-2019
    hey_poolboy
    This may not fully answer your querry, but I have a 2018 push to unlock remote running my front and rear. Front is a stepcast 32.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
  • 10-11-2019
    spsoon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydus View Post
    2) If I purchased a 3 position front shock would I have to get another remote to operate the front shock remotely or could I somehow use the existing remote?

Pretty sure you can get a new topcap assembly to convert the fork to push-to-unlock.
  • 10-11-2019
    lloydus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spsoon View Post
    Pretty sure you can get a new topcap assembly to convert the fork to push-to-unlock.

I ended up talking to Fox on teh phone and they basically said that if the rear was push to unlock remote I could either go manual with the 3 position on the front or get a front with push to unlock remote and then lock/unlock both remotely. Could not combine the two and still have only one remote.
  • 10-11-2019
    spsoon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydus View Post
    Could not combine the two and still have only one remote.

That doesn't sound right. You can definitely do it if you get a push-to-unlock fork, and I'm 99% sure that pre-2018 forks can be converted to push-to-unlock.

You have this remote with your rear shock?
    https://omnico.co.za/fox-remote-lock...dual-pull-2018
  • 10-11-2019
    lloydus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spsoon View Post
    That doesn't sound right. You can definitely do it if you get a push-to-unlock fork, and I'm 99% sure that pre-2018 forks can be converted to push-to-unlock.

You have this remote with your rear shock?
    https://omnico.co.za/fox-remote-lock...dual-pull-2018

Yes that's the remote I have.

I am not an expert on this but if you have a push to unlock front fork then by definition you do not have a 3 position front fork, right? So if you get a 3 position front fork and want to operate it remotely then you have to get a remote that matches it and my remote does not. With the remote that I have I can buy a push to unlock front for and just thread it into my remote and I will have a remote that operates the front and rear shock at the same time either locking them out or letting them operate.