fox propedal questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2009

fox propedal questions

i have a 09 titus racer x with the fox rp2 rear shock

when set on propedal, i'm still getting roughly half of the available travel as indicated by the travel ring/rubberband thingy. is that normal? i thought it was supposed to lock out more than that?

and when switched to propedal without dismounting, at what point does it start, um... propedalling? meaning, does it have to reset to the fully extended position to be effective or can i switch back and forth midride?

and on the rp2 shock, there are little stickers indicating that the compression is set to hi, and the rebound is set to low. if the rebound is set at the factory, does the red adjustment knob do anything? if i turn it, there are about a dozen stops.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Rebound - I think the sticker indicates the damper tune, which sets the range of the adjuster, but it should be easy enough to find out for yourself - set the rebound adjuster to each extreme and see if it rebounds differently.

If it feels too active with Propedal on, you can increase the air pressure a bit to firm it up, and it should still be fairly active in the open position.
    Last edited by fsrxc; 06-12-2009 at 06:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vqdriver
    when set on propedal, i'm still getting roughly half of the available travel as indicated by the travel ring/rubberband thingy. is that normal? i thought it was supposed to lock out more than that?
    It's not a lockout, but a low speed compression damping adjustment. Think of it as smart lockout which gives you very little shock movement for things like pedaling, but will still activate when you hit a sharp bump. Depending upon the size of the bump, you could very well use all of the travel.

Members who have read this thread: 0