FOX Foalt 32 140 RLC reduced to 80 mm ...30cc or 20cc?- Mtbr.com

Nov 2008

FOX Foalt 32 140 RLC reduced to 80 mm ...30cc or 20cc?

I just finished working on my fork and finally installed back on the bike. It is a FOX Float 32 140 RLC that I made into an 80 mm travel. I called FOX if I need to reduce the volume of the fork oil from 30 cc to 20 cc and the tech said use 30 cc.

Since I reduced the travel, I think a lesser volume of oil required is it not? I was browsing the specs on the other foox fors and I read the Fox 32 F80 RLC uses only 20 cc of fork oil in the left fork. What is the ddifference between the F and the FLOAT? Should I just stick with the 30 cc?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    AirSpring side assemblies use 30 cc oil, one reason is they to use a coil spring for negative pressure and it slide over a dummy shaft requiring oil for lubrication as well as the stanchion and bushing interface.

Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAKETHOMAS
    AirSpring side assemblies use 30 cc oil, one reason is they to use a coil spring for negative pressure and it slide over a dummy shaft requiring oil for lubrication as well as the stanchion and bushing interface.
    But the F series forks are also air spring type but the F80 only uses 20 cc.

Members who have read this thread: 0