Fox Float Nude rear shock volume spacer- Mtbr.com
    No Fear

Fox Float Nude rear shock volume spacer

I ha ve a Fox Nude here which i Serviced

Fox Float Nude rear shock volume spacer-p4pb17519828.jpg

But After putting the shock together i was not sure about the position of the volume spacer

I checked the net saw normal ( non Nude ) Fox Shocks the spacer is installed at the head of the shock but in the Nude the Nude shims are there

Fox Float Nude rear shock volume spacer-p4pb16913472.jpg

Therefore the only place i figured out the spacer would fit is at the upper part of the sleeve !

Fox Float Nude rear shock volume spacer-p4pb17519829.jpg

Have i figured it right ?

Thanx .....
    A rider/online bike shop owner/Mechanic From Iran

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Yes-spot on

mtbr member
    I take pics as I go when I dissemble something I'm not intimately familiar with. Could be suspension, pivots, hubs, steerer spacers, cable routing, etc... Comes in handy putting it back together.
    Do the math.

No Fear
    Quote Originally Posted by cws196 View Post
    Yes-spot on
    Thanx..

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    I take pics as I go when I dissemble something I'm not intimately familiar with. Could be suspension, pivots, hubs, steerer spacers, cable routing, etc... Comes in handy putting it back together.
    Exactly right.
    Bu the problem was : i assumed that after 16 years of experience i have opened & serviced a lot of shox... Also i had a little experience in the Fox Nude its self....

But i miss calculated the situation & also the trend in bike part manufacturing companies to differ the design in every model in every year....

But after all thank you very much for you tip & point....good one

No Fear
    And not bad to mention after mounting the shock on the frame that was indeed literally a pain in the

I fount out the lower seal leaks and was forced to take the shock out of the frame again take out the seal + wiper grease them agin and install them

And why was mounting the shock a pain.....

Because the remote cable was internal and i hate internal routing i guess any mechanics hate them god sake it wasn't a hydraulic remoe line like Rock Shox's

Fox Float Nude rear shock volume spacer-p4pb17536838.jpg

To add some pain when the shock was in its place there was no room for your hands and fingers to go reach the cable end.....

Fox Float Nude rear shock volume spacer-p4pb17519832.jpg

you had to attach the cable to the knob while the shock was out then put the whole thing back in place but yet some more pain was just putting that damn thing in place

Again why ???

Because the upper end of the shock ( really the loser end the Scott Engineers likes to design the mounts upside down !!!) wouldnt go set in place that easily as the rocker arms had only like a quarter of a circle ( 90 Degrees ) Free for the shock eye to enter the other 3 Quarters wad blocked Somehow these days engineers & companies do like to me reminded in our minds with good reputation !!!

Getting the cable straight and stretched was a dilemma too Not to mention the bolt holding that upper end was a weird one

Forgot to take a photo but the Torkx shape which your tools needed to engage in was on the opposite side not on the bolts head side...

Why ?? I really dint know....if anybody knows just let me know too !!

So in order to thread that sh** You had to push the head with one hand and simultaneously wind the torx on the other side with another hand while remembering to rotate it in the opposite direction of normal tightening AKA CW....

Dont know whats up the engineers these days ?