Fox Float EVOL tune- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fox Float EVOL tune

I ride a 2016 SC 5010 with Fox Float Performance EVOL shock that came on my bike. I have the sag set up at 30% and run the shock in the open position. Small bump compliance feels pretty good but I am not getting full travel out of the shock. I think this is probably due to the tune as I am a lightweight rider at 125lbs. Would it benefit me to upgrade to a Fox Factory Kashima shock from a Julianna Furtdao of the same year ? the tune on the Julianna bikes is supposed to be lighter. In the past I have always sent my shocks to PUSH but apparently they dont work on the Fox EVOL. I can buy a basically new Julianna tuned float but not sure if I should consider other options. I ride technical XC trails (east coast rocks and roots), no drops. thanks !

mtbr member
    are there any volume reducers in the shock?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What's the code on the shock?

mtbr member
    C2HN for the Julianna. I forget the tune on my shock, its at home will post later.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    wouldn't worry about not getting full travel unless you are unhappy with the way the shock is performing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fishercat View Post
    C2HN for the Julianna. I forget the tune on my shock, its at home will post later.
    Full travel on that shock is not the full length of the shock body, its 0.25" from the end of the shock body.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Juliana shock swap sounds like a good idea to try, since you're on the extreme end of what a typical shock rider weight is tuned for, but might as well get it done right, once:
    Float Evolution and Performance SSD HSB Modifications
    9:Zero:7 Whiteout
    Ibis Ripley LS v2
    Ibis Ripmo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by fishercat View Post
    You're not joking, that is a low tune on that juliana shock. Wish I knew that before buying just a low compression tuned shock for my friends kid. Who knew they had Xtra Low.... darn..

2016, FLOAT DPS, F-S, K, 3pos-Adj Evol LV, Santa Cruz, 5010 2, 7.875, 2.000, 0.8 Spacer, CXL, RL, Climb L, Gold Logo

From putting code in here.... Bike Help Center | FOX

That being said if you're happy with the small bump performance now, I would double check to see if your shock has a volume spacer like mentioned above. If it does, removing it will keep it from ramping up so fast and allow for more travel, possibly solving your problem for no $$ out of pocket and 10 minutes

mtbr member
    C2HP on my shock. looks like the same tune, no ? does kashima make a difference ?
    2016, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos Evol LV, Santa Cruz, 5010 2, 7.875, 2.000, 0.8 Spacer, CXL, RL, Climb L, Standard Logo