fox 40 rc2 and DHX 5.0 maintenance- Mtbr.com

Apr 2006

fox 40 rc2 and DHX 5.0 maintenance

I have a 2005 Fox 40 rc2 and a DHX 5.0 that have been raced on for a little more than a season. The guy I bought the rig from had the shock rebuilt sometime and he told me it's about time for the forks to go in for maintenance. And after last weekend's race I noticed that when compressed, the forks won't pop back up all the way. If I lift the front end up they will go back to the propper index. Instead of just sending them into Fox, is there another company that does the same maintenance but for less money than fox? I was in mammoth late last year and a guy told me a company and their website but I completely forget; so I know there is another company out there. I just don't know where to start looking. Any recommendations would be welcomed. Thanks

Old man on a bike
    Don't know if they do the 40 series, pretty sure they handle the DHXs, but good chance it was PUSH Industries (Darren, one of the principals, posts on these boards frequently). If you can't perform your own maintenance service they are certainly worth asking (pushindustries.com); they offer Fox authorized service as well as custom modifications in many cases.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Apr 2006
    hey thanks for the info. I'm mechanically inclined but I haven't had them long enough to break em open. I'll give Push a try. Thanx again

Members who have read this thread: 0