Fox 36 Performance upgrade- Mtbr.com
    DFL

Fox 36 Performance upgrade

I'm looking at a 2018 Transition Scout that has a Fox 36 performance fork. I am 270 so I know that out of the box it won't work for me. If you had to choose one or the other to upgrade which would it be, Avalanche tune or Vorsprung Smashpot? Avalanche tuned the Monarch Plus on my old Bronson and it absolutely transformed the performance. I'm also planning on having Avalanch tune the DPX2 that comes on the bike.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by askibum02 View Post
    I'm looking at a 2018 Transition Scout that has a Fox 36 performance fork. I am 270 so I know that out of the box it won't work for me. If you had to choose one or the other to upgrade which would it be, Avalanche tune or Vorsprung Smashpot? Avalanche tuned the Monarch Plus on my old Bronson and it absolutely transformed the performance. I'm also planning on having Avalanch tune the DPX2 that comes on the bike.
    We would recommend our Hybrid coil conversion with our open bath cartridge system. This would give you the coil feel and support you need in the first half of the travel with the coil system and allow physical preload to support the rider sag correctly and allow the air side to function at a lower pressure while still providing the desired ramp up needed. The cartridge would allow for a supportive compression feel with the midvalve system preventing fork dive and high speed compression that blows off with our Fvat/HSB option.

Fox 36 Open Bath Cartridge Kit

DFL
    Craig, I sent you a PM.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.