Fox 32 Float lockout slippage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Fox 32 Float lockout slippage

I've done quite a bit of searching on these forums, and haven't come across any other posts directly related to this, so just thought I'd start a thread.

I've noticed that in the 6 months that I've been using them, the lockout lever on my Fox 32 Floar RL forks has been slowly slipping in a counter-clockwise direction. This means that the lever's fully locked-out position is moving closer to the headset with each ride, eventually resulting in no range of movement and a locked-out fork.

I can remove the lever and reseat it, which regains the full range of motion on the lever, but this will eventually start to slip again after a month or so. Am I ignoring a more serious problem by simply reseating the lever, or is this actually an acceptable solution?

By the way, travel is plush when unlocked, and perfectly stiff when locked out, so the actual fork mechanics are working perfectly well.

Anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yes I experienced a similar thing. Lockout was almost completely counter-clockwise yesterday and I did remove the cap and placed it back so locking was more far clockwise again.

I don't know either if it's actually bad doing this but I have to get my CSU replaced anyway so I will try to put it under warranty tomorrow...
    Main bike : Altitude RSL 70 '11
    DH bike : Aurum 2 '12

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yesterday I did a complete maintenance on my fork and it's simply due to the fact that the topcap is slowly unscrewing itself counter-clockwise. Remove the Lockout cap and check if your topcap is slack (requires 26mm box).

At least on my fork that was the cause of the lockout going slowly counter-clockwise.
    Main bike : Altitude RSL 70 '11
    DH bike : Aurum 2 '12

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks a bunch for the followup, that's really useful info. I'll have a look at my topcap once I get the chance, much appreciated.

Members who have read this thread: 0