Fork Question ( 2002 psylo xc)- Mtbr.com

Sep 2005

New question here. Fork Question ( 2002 psylo xc)

I let my friend borrow one of my bikes. Unfortunately he over turned the U-turn knob and broke the knob, no big deal, I have a new one on the way. Here's the question, I was able to glue the old knob back together for a temporary fix but the travel will not reduce. How do I fix this? Am I gonna have to order one of these, or can I fix it myself or could the LBS fix it? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sep 2005
    Bump....

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    My advice, if your handy take it apart and see if the internals got messed up. If you not so mech inclined, have your LBS do it. Either way, the only way to tell what the deal is, is to disassemble it. Sounds like the u-turn is stuck or your not using enough pressure to turn it for fear of breaking your knob again.

Another thought I just had... remove the knob, see if you can turn the nub the cap goes onto with some pliers and see if the adjuster moves. If not a teardown is the only solution. good luck.

FYI, psylos are easy to take apart, especially for your issue. You really only need to loosen the spring assembly, unscrew the bottom bolt @ 1/2 way, tap bolt lightly with a hammer to loosen the spring assembly from the lowers , finish removing the bolt and pull out the spring. Check it's not damaged and see if you can get it to move. Simple. Oh BTW, oil will spill out the bottom of the fork when you loosen the bolt, so watch out.

Good luck.

Members who have read this thread: 0