Flux Fork?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Flux Fork?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Flux Fork?

Considering parting with my Flux's Fox F100X for either a Vanilla or a Reba. 220lbs with gear and ride XC but don't race. Looking for more plush without mush.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenut316
    Considering parting with my Flux's Fox F100X for either a Vanilla or a Reba. 220lbs with gear and ride XC but don't race. Looking for more plush without mush.
    You might be better off posting in the Clydesdale forum at your weight. I had a U-turn Reba and could not get it as plush as a Float 100 for the small bumps but with the Motion control the Reba was a much better fork. It had a lot more anti-dive in the corners and under braking and still took big and medium hits well.

mtbr member

Turner Forum

Have you tried posting in the Turner forum?

I have a 5 Spot & they were really helpful when I was looking for a new fork.

How do you like the Flux?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by evilmoose
    Have you tried posting in the Turner forum?

I have a 5 Spot & they were really helpful when I was looking for a new fork.

How do you like the Flux?
    This is also posted in the Turner forum. I love my Flux but at my weight I am not satisfied with my 100X or Rp3 performance. I know Push would help but can't part with the money right now. If I sell my 100X I can use the money for another fork. My Rp3 is livable right now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    This is also posted in the Turner forum. I love my Flux but at my weight I am not satisfied with my 100X or Rp3 performance. I know Push would help but can't part with the money right now. If I sell my 100X I can use the money for another fork. My Rp3 is livable right now.
    Please allow me to throw in another possible variable. Could my shock pump be soo inacurate that I am way over inflating my fork. I weigh 220lbs in gear and usually inflate to 80psi to achieve 10-12mm sag. As an experiment I tried 60psi and achieved 20mm sag. I would think that 60psi could'nt be right for 220lbs. As a side note I inflate my Rp3 to 205psi for 30% sag.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Please allow me to throw in another possible variable. Could my shock pump be soo inacurate that I am way over inflating my fork. I weigh 220lbs in gear and usually inflate to 80psi to achieve 10-12mm sag. As an experiment I tried 60psi and achieved 20mm sag. I would think that 60psi could'nt be right for 220lbs. As a side note I inflate my Rp3 to 205psi for 30% sag.

I'd say give it another shot. Pressures are really a personal feel type of thing, so experimentation is the only way that you will find what works best for you. Also, you may want to look at the other setting on your fork. If at 80 psi you feel that you are getting a rough ride, you may want to look at compression settings or even rebound settings. There are many variables that can contribute to a negative ride. I am by no means trying to discount your opinion on the fork, but trying to see if you cant get what you are looking for out of what you've got.

A good example of messing with various settings is the DHX air. I have had mine for 6 months or so and finally feel like I am getting close to the ride that I want out of it. It has lots of adjustments available to "tune" the ride, but sometimes when I get my hands on it I effectively de-tune it. But, through all that playing around I think its where I need it to be.

Members who have read this thread: 0