Float R High Volume Canister on RP23?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Float R High Volume Canister on RP23?

I have an Intense 5.5 with the RP 23. I have the shock set up correctly and hate how it responds. I have a Blux XC with Float R High Volume that just out performs it in every way. On the Intense forum there are a number of folks not happy with the RP23. Is there any way to use the high volume canister on the RP23? Or should I just use the Float on the 5.5 and sell the RP23 with my Blux XC. They are the same size and stroke, I could just swap the bushings and move it right over.

Any thoughts?
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

Bike Crusader~
    Jan 2009
    You should swap it over and try it....
    I think the compression tune on the RP23 is not set up to your liking.... It's probably set to the middle to highest tune... ( I don't like the compression tune either, but that's up to the rider/ bike design also....)
    Sound like it would be better with the Float R, simple but effective....

Please try it and update us here!
    Mas
    "Ride it, Feel it...."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonblur
    I have an Intense 5.5 with the RP 23. I have the shock set up correctly and hate how it responds. I have a Blux XC with Float R High Volume that just out performs it in every way. On the Intense forum there are a number of folks not happy with the RP23. Is there any way to use the high volume canister on the RP23? Or should I just use the Float on the 5.5 and sell the RP23 with my Blux XC. They are the same size and stroke, I could just swap the bushings and move it right over.

Any thoughts?

After a closer inspection the shaft on the R looked longer so I measured both shocks and the Blur uses a 2.25 in stroke and the 5.5 uses a 2.0. So for now I am stuck with a RP23.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

Members who have read this thread: 0