FLOAT 100RLC travel adjust- Mtbr.com
    resident crackpot

FLOAT 100RLC travel adjust

Hello all. Thumbing through my manual and pondering adjusting the travel down to 80mm. The manual does not really say exactly what to do...do I simply rearrange the spacers to formulate 80mm? Or, do I actually need a spacer to add onto the airshaft assembly. Worst case, I'll hafta call Fox to find out. Many thanks in advance on this!!

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by loonyOne
    Hello all. Thumbing through my manual and pondering adjusting the travel down to 80mm. The manual does not really say exactly what to do...do I simply rearrange the spacers to formulate 80mm? Or, do I actually need a spacer to add onto the airshaft assembly. Worst case, I'll hafta call Fox to find out. Many thanks in advance on this!!
    You have two options. First, it all happens on the spring side of things, so no need to touch the damper. You have to release all the air, unscrew the top cap, dump the oil out, undo the bottom bolt, let that oil drain and pop the piston out. You'll see a plastic ring on the shaft with a pin through it. Below it you'll see another hole. You either add a 20mm spacer below that plastic ring or bang out that pin, slide the ring to cover the other hole and bang the pin back in. Easy. Put it back together, inject the oil at through the bottom and add fload fluid or any thick oil, like 80wt gear oil to the air spring and close up the top cap.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

Members who have read this thread: 0