fitting a different rear shock...please help- Mtbr.com

Jun 2006

fitting a different rear shock...please help

i have a diamondback xts 3 and i am looking into upgrading the rear shock. it has a rockshox deluxe 6.5". does anyone think i could fit a 7.875" fox float? it looks like it might be close and the olny thing that may hold it back are the brake lines which could be extended(but dont really want to do this). also, could i just compress the shock a bit on the way in or will that screw things up? any suggestions or recomendations would be graetly appreciated. thanks

Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by adens13
    i have a diamondback xts 3 and i am looking into upgrading the rear shock. it has a rockshox deluxe 6.5". does anyone think i could fit a 7.875" fox float? it looks like it might be close and the olny thing that may hold it back are the brake lines which could be extended(but dont really want to do this). also, could i just compress the shock a bit on the way in or will that screw things up? any suggestions or recomendations would be graetly appreciated. thanks
    I think its dangerous to exceede the eye to eye lenght and will alter the ride lots as the shock is tuned through different parts of the stoke.

Whoaohohohoh
    Not only that, but your geometrey of the bike will change and FOX will not include a warranty on that shock.

Members who have read this thread: 0