DVO Jade X Coil- Mtbr.com

Thread: DVO Jade X Coil

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

DVO Jade X Coil

Has anyone had a chance to try one of these yet? I'm riding a Santa Cruz Hightower LT. I have a DVO Diamond up front and a Fox DHX2 coil in the back. No complaints with the setup. I'm just kicking around the idea of the DVO shock so my suspension brands match front and rear. One thing that worries me is that the Jade X is a lot less adjustable than the Fox.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I don't know anyone that has one yet. I have a Jade (previous model) and it has been outstanding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Jade RC2 - what I heard its compression flow and adjustments are spot on. Also easy to service, but there was a problem with overly restricted HSR. Maybe they fixed it in newer batches. Anyway its easy to fix and half the price of dhx2.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    A common mod on the shim stack is to use a .010 thick shim as a first shim, in lieu of the .015 thick one. Another mod is to use 3 .010 shims, instead of 2 .015 shims.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by lemke View Post
    A common mod on the shim stack is to use a .010 thick shim as a first shim, in lieu of the .015 thick one. Another mod is to use 3 .010 shims, instead of 2 .015 shims.
    True

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Why a Topaz instead of Jade coil shock? I run a Jade on my enduro/downhill bike... flippin love it. Going from a linear to a progressive setup is noticeably different... not bad, just different. I run a Topaz T3 on my normal trail bike, and it's great too. You can dial it in so that it behaves more linearly, although it remains bit "softer" overall. If you get one, please report back!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lemke View Post
    Why a Topaz instead of Jade coil shock? I run a Jade on my enduro/downhill bike... flippin love it. Going from a linear to a progressive setup is noticeably different... not bad, just different. I run a Topaz T3 on my normal trail bike, and it's great too. You can dial it in so that it behaves more linearly, although it remains bit "softer" overall. If you get one, please report back!
    It's the new Jade X coil shock. I would run the normal Jade coil if it came with a climb switch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Doh!... I don't know what I was thinking. I thought, they just released the Topaz 2, and I haven't found many reviews on that. I'm square now. But my answer is the same... still don't know anyone that has one. Maybe the Factory Giant team is the guinea pig for this new offering.