• 12-26-2016
    michael1
    DVO Jade Coil Shock vs. Cane Creek DB Coil Shock?
    Can't really find much of a comparison between these two.

Has anyone ridden both?

This would be for a Canfield Balance frame, and paired with an Avalanched Marzocchi 55 RC3 Ti (2010), if that makes a difference.
  • 12-26-2016
    Junersun
    I've had both. Both great shocks! The CS is awesome on the db but the jade bottom out bladder feels bottomless...

Kinda depends what you need. I think the balance is a very progressive LR so if I were you I would give the db coil CS a try if you need climb assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-26-2016
    michael1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Junersun View Post
    Kinda depends what you need. I think the balance is a very progressive LR so if I were you I would give the db coil CS a try if you need climb assist.

Thanks! I hadn't considered the CS, but that's something I'd probably want since I like doing long XC'ish rides.
  • 12-26-2016
    Junersun
    Yep and from knowing how the X2 feels like I bet the dhx2 with the climb switch would be pretty awesome too

• 12-27-2016
    michael1
    I think I'm going to end up with the DVO just based on the frame I can get it on. It seems that climb assist isn't too important on this frame...
  • 12-27-2016
    Junersun
    Nice! I have that with a fox sls spring for shuttle park days. It's an awesome shock!