DVO diamond- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DVO diamond

mtbr member

DVO diamond

Anyone looking forward for this fork? Im looking to replace my fox 34 next year on my mach 6. Tech sounds good, my friends love the emerald and jade on their dh bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxdagr8t View Post
    Anyone looking forward for this fork? Im looking to replace my fox 34 next year on my mach 6. Tech sounds good, my friends love the emerald and jade on their dh bikes.

Very much so. And while i should know better than buying a first generation product, I'm really tempted to preorder the Diamond. I like the OTT system over RS's way of adding tokens and the fact that it has externally adjustable high speed compression and provides easy access to the compression shim stack makes it a convincing package, at least conceptually.

The guys at DVO might stress this point a little too much, but they are not new to the suspension game and the fork is made by an experienced manufacturer.

mtbr member
    Yep, very much so.

Projected pricing is looking to be a bit more than a Pike in this country, but substantially less than a Fox, BOS or Marzocchi fork, it's going to be a pretty easy sell if it's as good as it looks.

mtbr member

DVO diamond

The green actually looks rad just hard to match up with my frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiSandroSi View Post
    Very much so. And while i should know better than buying a first generation product, I'm really tempted to preorder the Diamond. I like the OTT system over RS's way of adding tokens and the fact that it has externally adjustable high speed compression and provides easy access to the compression shim stack makes it a convincing package, at least conceptually.

The guys at DVO might stress this point a little too much, but they are not new to the suspension game and the fork is made by an experienced manufacturer.
    OTT is completely different than adding tokens. Adding tokens reduces spring volume to make a spring more progressive. OTT adds preload to the negative coil spring to adjust the coil to various rider weights and help small bump sensitivity.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    OTT is completely different than adding tokens. Adding tokens reduces spring volume to make a spring more progressive. OTT adds preload to the negative coil spring to adjust the coil to various rider weights and help small bump sensitivity.
    I know they are fundamentally different, but they are still two ways of modulating your spring curve.

I could never get the Pikes i tried to feel right when i experimented with tokens and air pressure- if i went for decent small bump sensitivity and the desired ramp up it would always be too wallowy in the mid stroke.

I haven't been on an OTT equipped fork yet, but if it is an effective way of influencing the beginning stroke while being able to run comparatively high pressures for a firmer mid stroke it would theoretically be pretty close to how i like my forks to feel.
    With the dominance of air forks a lot of people seem to be counter acting a problem that lies in the spring curve by increasing compression damping.

Again, i haven't tried it yet, but it looks very intriguing on paper.

mtbr member
    I know they are fundamentally different, but they are still two ways of modulating your spring curve.
    You can also change the air volume on the Diamond by adding/removing oil in the air chamber, like on old Fox Floats.

mtbr member
    The green actually looks rad just hard to match up with my frame.
    It will be coming in black/black as well as green/black.

mtbr member

DVO diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    It will be coming in black/black as well as green/black.

Sweet

mtbr member

DVO diamond

Murdered out black even sweeter

mtbr member

DVO diamond

Just saw this. Hot damn!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

I could never get the Pikes i tried to feel right when i experimented with tokens and air pressure- if i went for decent small bump sensitivity and the desired ramp up it would always be too wallowy in the mid stroke.

I haven't been on an OTT equipped fork yet, but if it is an effective way of influencing the beginning stroke while being able to run comparatively high pressures for a firmer mid stroke it would theoretically be pretty close to how i like my forks to feel.
    With the dominance of air forks a lot of people seem to be counter acting a problem that lies in the spring curve by increasing compression damping.

Again, i haven't tried it yet, but it looks very intriguing on paper.

Just a suggestion. Set your air spring for sag, set the tokens for bottoming, and use the damper to tune out small bumps. Try setting the HSC stack to soft to handle chatter. If the HSC stack is already at the softest, try a lighter oil. You may need to reset the HSC stack when a lighter oil is used. The digressive effect of lighter oil is a good way to tue out harshness.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks bing, but I've only tested the Pike for several days and do not own one. The Pike doesn't have any external HSC adjustment though, don't you mean LSC since you are talking about small bumps and chatter?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks bing, but I've only tested the Pike for several days and do not own one. The Pike doesn't have any external HSC adjustment though, don't you mean LSC since you are talking about small bumps and chatter?
    the pike has a configurable shim stack, the manual will walk you through how to configure it. I meant hsc, which has to do with high speed hits like chatter. lsc is for holding the fork up against fork dive and pedal bob.

harshness is usually a spike in the initial stroke of the shock. the combination of the ports and the shims is possibly choking on the oil on high speed hits.

hope that helps.

edit: Ive confused the Boxxer's charger damper's shim stack adjustability with the Pikes. the Pike does not describe how to adjust the shim stack.

In this case, I would advise bleeding the charger damper and replacing the oil with one step down lighter viscosity to take out harshness. something like Torco RFF 5wt or equivalent. This is lighter than RS 3wt.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Gonna dig up this old azz thread. I just bought a Diamond 27.5 from Jenson. Should take a couple weeks but I'm VERY excited to see this piece of kit. Pics and review to come...

mtbr member
    Well i got a 36 hehehe but there were tons of them last race in fontana.

mtbr member
    Well i got a 36 hehehe but there were tons of them last race in fontana.
    interesting... like, sponsored riders or most people went out and bought their own?

there's been very little noise on MTBR about this fork so I'm surprised that you saw a bunch of them.

mtbr member
    Sponsored most of then on intense. A lot of riders used am bikes instead dh bikes and all of them ran dvo diamonds

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinL View Post
    interesting... like, sponsored riders or most people went out and bought their own?

there's been very little noise on MTBR about this fork so I'm surprised that you saw a bunch of them.
    I've been looking every day to see when they went on sale. Jenson and CRC both listed them on Monday, and neither of them actually have any stock. Anyone out there riding the Diamond is factory supported.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by max_lombardy View Post
    I've been looking every day to see when they went on sale. Jenson and CRC both listed them on Monday, and neither of them actually have any stock. Anyone out there riding the Diamond is factory supported.
    Nah they have been on sale since jan. U just have to go through a lbs to get it ordered. I was on the waiting list on my lbs but decided to get a 36 intead.

mtbr member
    On paper it looks heavier than all competitors and it's more expensive than all except the Bos Deville and Float 36.

mtbr member
    On paper it looks heavier than all competitors and it's more expensive than all except the Bos Deville and Float 36.
    Lbs quoted me $1100 for the diamond but i got my 36 float for $900

mtbr member
    Its a sexy looking fork. Will 35mm stanchions be a happy medium? There is a guy on Ebay taking preorders for $999.99.

DVO diamond-%24_57.jpg

mtbr member
    Yea it looks dope. Well the every other am forks are 35mm. I only got the 36 thinking ill never get a dh bike but i was wrong. Lol

mtbr member
    The Jade Coil rear shock looks pretty nice to. Having both would make for a sick set up.

DVO diamond-screen-shot-2015-04-10-3.55.58-pm.jpg

mtbr member
    Cedric garcia runs that set up

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nah they have been on sale since jan. U just have to go through a lbs to get it ordered. I was on the waiting list on my lbs but decided to get a 36 intead.

I guess my point was that nobody actually has them in stock. Meaning that anyone out there on one is factory supported.

On another note I got mine from Jenson with one of their 15% off codes, came out to $849

mtbr member
    I guess my point was that nobody actually has them in stock. Meaning that anyone out there on one is factory supported.

On another note I got mine from Jenson with one of their 15% off codes, came out to $849
    That is a pretty awesome deal

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Mine will be here tuesday. Take the 36 off, transfer the crown race, and get it mounted up on my Mach 6. Hopefully get it out and about next weekend pending weather. Should be an interesting comparison.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho View Post
    Mine will be here tuesday. Take the 36 off, transfer the crown race, and get it mounted up on my Mach 6. Hopefully get it out and about next weekend pending weather. Should be an interesting comparison.
    Damn post a pic. Yet to see a diamond on a mach 6

mtbr member
    Candid feedback will be very interesting, indeed.

Honestly, I will be very surprised if the DVO Diamond is an overall improvement from the 36, assuming you mean a 2015 Float 36. I could see it doing some things better and others not as well, and then riders may prefer one for or the other for those reasons.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Where did you buy from? Jenson's saying they are expecting stock to arrive 5/15

Braaap
    We got our first in earlier this week. We'll be seeing more in a week or so.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtMerchantBicycles View Post
    We got our first in earlier this week. We'll be seeing more in a week or so.
    Damn, that's one sexy looking fork!
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Dirtmerchant: can you give us a scale shot? Also, I still have a wad of cash in my pocket for your first black one… Jensen still doesn't have any.

Braaap
    DVO diamond-p5pb12179856.jpg

Max: Yep, I've got your name on a black/27.5"
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I got mine directly from DVO on a discount they give to military and got my name in the hat over 6 months ago to be on the preorder list with them. They had a few extra kicking around from the stock they brought back from overseas for sponsored riders and I got lucky to get one so early.

Here are the photos from today:

DVO diamond-img_2837_zpsvgfr1s6y.jpg
    DVO diamond-img_2839_zpspvxdbhw7.jpg
    DVO diamond-img_2841_zpscieksmt5.jpg

I only got about 3 miles in before I got a sidewall puncture and had to turn in for the day. At least I got in a few smaller jump lines, some rocks and plenty of roots. But here is what's what in my opinion.

The Diamond tracked better than any fork I have had over small trail chatter, successive roots, rocks, etc.... The OTT adjustment is pretty awesome. Additionally, the high speed compression hits I took today were managed very very well and the fork was extremely smooth. So far I would say it's easily better than my 36 RC2 in overall smoothness. I think the OTT feature greatly contributes to this. I am interested to see how it will fare in the long run and see if it is really this good or it's just the honeymoon phase at the moment.

Honestly right now it's making the Float X in the rear feel very underwhelming.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Looks awesome. I'm super stoked for this fork!

mtbr member
    I got mine directly from DVO on a discount they give to military and got my name in the hat over 6 months ago to be on the preorder list with them. They had a few extra kicking around from the stock they brought back from overseas for sponsored riders and I got lucky to get one so early.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2837_zpsvgfr1s6y.jpg 
Views:	1030 
Size:	424.3 KB 
ID:	985229

Name:	IMG_2839_zpspvxdbhw7.jpg 
Views:	929 
Size:	451.6 KB 
ID:	985230

Name:	IMG_2841_zpscieksmt5.jpg 
Views:	1327 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	985233

I only got about 3 miles in before I got a sidewall puncture and had to turn in for the day. At least I got in a few smaller jump lines, some rocks and plenty of roots. But here is what's what in my opinion.

The Diamond tracked better than any fork I have had over small trail chatter, successive roots, rocks, etc.... The OTT adjustment is pretty awesome. Additionally, the high speed compression hits I took today were managed very very well and the fork was extremely smooth. So far I would say it's easily better than my 36 RC2 in overall smoothness. I think the OTT feature greatly contributes to this. I am interested to see how it will fare in the long run and see if it is really this good or it's just the honeymoon phase at the moment.

Time for a ccdb upgrade. That float x is really underperforming

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    The fork Dirt Merchant posted above:

Attachment 985111

Here's my initial impressions (xpost from Knolly forum):
    I haven't gotten the fork dialed yet, but the setup Ethan at Dirt Merchant did for me is certainly a good starting point. I was coming off a Lyrik, and I like my suspension supple with good ramp. The Diamond achieves this as is (much better midstroke), and I was able to crush the rocky technical section of trail I rode last night, but there's so much to play around with to get it set up perfectly, it's going to take a while. Right now, I can say its very smooth and supportive, but there is initial stiction when getting on the bike - once it's sagged, I dont feel it any more. The low speed compression is also very good - 6 settings: at 1 the fork will go into a full bob while pedal mashing, at 6 it's almost as stiff as the climb switch on the CCDBI, so great range there. I haven't played with the HSC yet. The rebound is just as effective as most forks. I'm really excited to tweak the balance of the fork pressure with the OTT though. I haven't played with it yet, but that's going to be the most interesting part - add enough pressure to sag properly, get the appropriate ramp, while being able to use all its travel, then dial in enough OTT to get the super smooth supple initial stroke. then just use the compression knobs to tame the ride where necessary. The only minor negative so far is there is a little bit of top out noise, but I think I got rid of most of it when I bumped up the rebound damping a click or two, so i'll keep my eye on it. I'll report back as I get more riding time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    On your bit of stiction, get a q-tip and a little bit of fork oil and coat the stanchions lightly just above the seals. This is what DVO suggested to me when I was talking with them about initial setup and I have noticed no stiction at all on the fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    good tip, thanks! I'll do that before my next ride.

mtbr member
    On your bit of stiction, get a q-tip and a little bit of fork oil and coat the stanchions lightly just above the seals. This is what DVO suggested to me when I was talking with them about initial setup and I have noticed no stiction at all on the fork.
    that seems like really bad advice, to be honest. free oil on the stanchion will simply attract dirt. which of course will wear your stanchions and seals faster.

any stanchion treatment should be more like a polish and when it is wiped away there should be no residual liquid.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    that seems like really bad advice, to be honest. free oil on the stanchion will simply attract dirt. which of course will wear your stanchions and seals faster.

any stanchion treatment should be more like a polish and when it is wiped away there should be no residual liquid.
    I figured the implied task was to then cycle the fork and wipe the excess oil off.... But yes, leaving extra oil on the fork will attract more dirt and lead to bad things.
    Last edited by Idaho; 05-01-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Elitest thrill junkie
    But yes, leaving extra oil on the fork will attract more door
    Not good.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

That would be true if all forks didn't have dust wipers.

mtbr member

Name:	IMG_2837_zpsvgfr1s6y.jpg 
Views:	1030 
Size:	424.3 KB 
ID:	985229

Name:	IMG_2839_zpspvxdbhw7.jpg 
Views:	929 
Size:	451.6 KB 
ID:	985230

Name:	IMG_2841_zpscieksmt5.jpg 
Views:	1327 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	985233

I'd send that Float X to Avalanche before I shelled out $$$ for a new DBair.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Update after my first big ride on the Diamond and turning all its knobs:
    This thing feels gooooood. Small bump compliance is awesome - cant wait to see what it will do on the brake bumps at the parks this summer. The bike feels very balanced with the CCDBI in the rear (although the CCDBI may need a volume ring - it's a tad soft and not as progressive as the Diamond). Stiffness, tracking and traction over all sorts of terrain was excellent - rocks, roots, sand, hardpack, babyheads, everything seemed easier (this was aided by the LB 38mm rims).

I had 2 nagging issues after my first impression posted above.
    1) Stiction at the very top of the travel. I did as recommended here - fork oil on the stanchions, cycle the fork many times, wipe dry. This did not remedy the problem. I may have to talk to DVO on this. Again, it's only at the very top, once it's sagged, it's butter - I don't notice it at all on the trail, so it's not too big a deal.
    2) Top out noise. This seems to have been a settings issue. after tweaking with the rebound and OTT, this went away.

The recommended settings in the manual were spot on for air pressure, compression, and rebound, but I currently have the OTT set to like 1 turn from max, which is like 3-4 full turns from the recommended value. I cranked it up to break the stiction but that was unsuccessful, and I didnt see any negative effects (reduced travel, etc), so i just left it there because it still felt good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GH28 View Post
    That would be true if all forks didn't have dust wipers.
    Say what?

Sticky, oil-impregnated dust is not good for stanchions. The wipers move it around.

It doesn't need to get past the dust seal to do damage to the fork. It's doing damage on the outside.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Say what?

Sticky, oil-impregnated dust is not good for stanchions. The wipers move it around.

It doesn't need to get past the dust seal to do damage to the fork. It's doing damage on the outside.
    Agree
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jiker View Post
    Update after my first big ride on the Diamond and turning all its knobs:
    This thing feels gooooood. Small bump compliance is awesome - cant wait to see what it will do on the brake bumps at the parks this summer. The bike feels very balanced with the CCDBI in the rear (although the CCDBI may need a volume ring - it's a tad soft and not as progressive as the Diamond). Stiffness, tracking and traction over all sorts of terrain was excellent - rocks, roots, sand, hardpack, babyheads, everything seemed easier (this was aided by the LB 38mm rims).

I had 2 nagging issues after my first impression posted above.
    1) Stiction at the very top of the travel. I did as recommended here - fork oil on the stanchions, cycle the fork many times, wipe dry. This did not remedy the problem. I may have to talk to DVO on this. Again, it's only at the very top, once it's sagged, it's butter - I don't notice it at all on the trail, so it's not too big a deal.
    2) Top out noise. This seems to have been a settings issue. after tweaking with the rebound and OTT, this went away.

The recommended settings in the manual were spot on for air pressure, compression, and rebound, but I currently have the OTT set to like 1 turn from max, which is like 3-4 full turns from the recommended value. I cranked it up to break the stiction but that was unsuccessful, and I didnt see any negative effects (reduced travel, etc), so i just left it there because it still felt good.

Pull of the lowers be careful not to loose the oil (hold it in the correct angle).then take judy butter or something similar and lube the wipers from the inside.and if there are foam rings, check if they are well lubricated with oil. Many forks have too few or lack oil in tge stanchions completely.so ut could be possible here, too ;-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    For those looking to dial the tuning in a bit more with the fork, here are the highlights of my conversation with DVO today:

- Essentially use OTT as your LSC
    - This means that the actual LSC knob is almost like a tune-able mid stroke. So crank it up for climbing, turn it back for trail. Hence the easily turnable knob.
    - Start with less HSC than you think you need if any. The fork will break-in after several good rides and then adjust from there.

From these notes I've noticed how it relates with my experience. At least for me, I'll ride with the LSC in the "3" position and notice a distinct difference in moving from 3-4 where as you get that fine-tune adjustment with OTT. Also I am running the HSC compression open at the moment and have yet to bottom the fork out, but it's crazy how smooth the entire stroke has been so far. I'm not hucking huge drops, but 12 foot lip to landing doubles and 2-3 foot drop offs have yet to bottom this fork out for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm so excited about this fork, mine is in the mail and should be here on Monday!
    I'll install it and snap a few pics and head out to break this mother in.
    Updates to come!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    VitalMTB just posted a very positive review. The only thing that's bit disappointing (IMO) is the weight. With the Pike and the new Fox 34 being ~4lbs, seeing 4.8lbs takes this off my list. That's a good chunk of weight going up hills.

Really hope DVO does well with this though. Glad to see the original bomber crew back in the game.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

All bike, all the time
    +1 went to their booth at Sea Otter. Impressive feeling fork but heavy and expensive. Plus way too much green, altho the black option fixes that.
    All bike, all the time

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    The weight is nothing compared to the performance across flat corners and off-camber and rough sections. Not even a close comparison to the other forks on the market which just bind like crazy in the same situations and become useless. Just did a 4000' climb on it coming off a Pike and didn't notice a thing while climbing except better tracking when pedaling up the loose gravely stuff.

wheelie king
    DVO diamond-diamond2-2-.jpgDVO diamond-diamond1.jpg

Got mine yesterday. Build quality is top notch. The fork looks great in person. No stiction at all, but I do notice a slight top out knock when just pushing down and releasing. I didn't notice it while riding around on the street after installing it last night. I set it up with the DVO base tune for my weight. If the rain clears, hoping to ride today or tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to riding and tuning this fork.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DVO diamond-diamond.jpg  

Last edited by 661lee; 05-17-2015 at 12:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Looks good. Got another several runs on jump lines today with mine and couldn't be happier! Also got several miles of trail in along with the jump lines and still great with successive bumps, ruts, roots and baby heads.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Mine showed up today, it's raining cats and dogs but I got the travel reduced to 140 and got it installed. The fork definitely looks and feels like a quality item! I'm excited to get out there and see how it compares to the PIKE it replaced. As far as the travel reduction it was pretty straightforward, though not as simple as like on the old fox vanillas for example. Totally manageable though

wheelie king
    Max, what bike is your Diamond installed on?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 661lee View Post
    Max, what bike is your Diamond installed on?
    SC Solo C

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    DVO diamond-dscn0440.jpg
    DVO diamond-dscn0439.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    After reducing the travel to 140, the a2c is 531mm.

wheelie king
    Your bike looks awesome, Max.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Your bike looks awesome, Max.
    Thanks man, yours too. You mentioned getting some different graphics- green would be sweet!

wheelie king
    Thinking about green, probably gonna try black though.

wheelie king
    DVO diamond-img_2564.jpg

Even the fender is stylish.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    in terms of stiffness, how does the diamond compare to the 36 or pike, or even the 34

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    WAY stiffer. The bushings are super loose in the Pikes which makes the noodle-y.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I got mine yesterday and took it for a ride on my local trails here in Norway. The conditions was extremly slippery with lots of rocks and roots.
    There is only one thing to say: Love at first rockgarden! Started with base settings and it felt great right from the start. It blew my 2015 fox 36 out of the water! Looking forward to play with the settings and see how they work.
    DVO diamond-uploadfromtaptalk1432973692115.jpg

wheelie king
    Awesome, nr7wave. I'm running the base tune as well. The Diamond is pretty amazing. I was on a Fox 34, and the Diamond is worlds better. Fore/aft stiffness is much better. Small bump compliance and mid-stroke support are so good. Oh, and it's smooth! Still waiting for the mud to dry out so that I can ride my really rocky and rooty trails. I'm going to experiment with a little less psi. So far I'm loving this fork.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm loving mine. I've since decided that my TBLTc with PIKE is out, and the Canfield Riot with Diamond is in. Don't get me wrong, the PIKE is a great fork, but just not quite up to the quality of the DVO.
    Frame ships in August, should be built before the beginning of September!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nr7wave View Post
    I got mine yesterday and took it for a ride on my local trails here in Norway. The conditions was extremly slippery with lots of rocks and roots.
    There is only one thing to say: Love at first rockgarden! Started with base settings and it felt great right from the start. It blew my 2015 fox 36 out of the water! Looking forward to play with the settings and see how they work.
    I've got a Diamond on the way to me for the front of my Nomad. It was down to the DVO and the Fox 36, so I'm glad to hear that your stoked on the Diamond! I'm just curious in what ways in particular did the DVO perform better than the Fox?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    It's not huge difference between the two forks. But the Diamond does everything a little bit better. Perhaps except for chassis stiffnes. Nothing beats the 36 in that department. I was out again yesterday and put to some more challenges. More roots and bigger rocks. A few small drops aswell. It is very composed all the time and I felt i could just increase my speed everywhere. I will be taking another ride on friday in more familiar terretories. I think there is a good chance that I will make some new Strava PR's.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Mine is sittin here since two days, but I canīt test it because the 15mm hub conversion kit is still missing

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    It just does everything the PIKE does, only better. I will say that the parking-lot stiction test makes the DVO seem not so plush but on the trail the stroke is super smooth and very controlled, much more so than the pike.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the replies. It makes me that much more excited for all my parts to arrive and for me to get my bike put together Going for the DVO felt like a small risk relative to getting a known quantity like the Pike or the 36, but I kinda wanted to try something different... and it's a plus that its all black since I'm building up a matte black Nomad!

Sweet bike by the way! What shock are you running on the back?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I run the BOS S**toy with ti-coil. Fabulus shock, but it needs a service. My last trip out was with the new 2016 Fox float X2. First impressions are very good.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nr7wave View Post
    I run the BOS S**toy with ti-coil. Fabulus shock, but it needs a service. My last trip out was with the new 2016 Fox float X2. First impressions are very good.
    X2 is out already?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    X2 is out already?

Yes. I could get one tomorrow if I wanted it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    Yes. I could get one tomorrow if I wanted it.
    How is it?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    How is it?

I don't have one as I have a ElevenSix but I was just saying I could get a Float DHX 2 if I wanted it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Draper View Post
    I don't have one as I have a ElevenSix but I was just saying I could get a Float DHX 2 if I wanted it
    Hahahaha aight. Interested in getting one

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I just bought a 2nd diamond in the 29er flavor for the Canfield Riot I'll be building up in August! So stoked on this fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes, the X2 is out allready. I got mine on thursday. First impressions are very good. No more mid-stroke wallow. It has very controlled damping. Very sensitiv in the first part of the stroke. Nothing near anything Fox has produced before.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I've got a bit more riding time in on mine. I'm making small corrections with the OTT adjustment mostly. I may valve some HSC out of it at some point when it needs service but it's pretty golden for now.

I'm still blown away by the bushing smoothness. The 29/160 version should be the most prone to bushing bind out of any configuration just because of the leverage placed on them, but they're flawless. I just don't think about the fork on the bike now (E29) because it just does the same thing in every situation. Can't say that about the Pike it replaced.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Had my first real ride on the fork yesterday. Since Iīve never ridden a Pike or a current 36, I canīt compare it to those, but I own heavyly modded Lyrik and an Avalanche Boxxer. Since my Lyrik has a similar weight, and with itīs 170mm travel nearly the stack hight, I didnīt notice any difference in the balance of the bike. Iīm still on my 26" wheels...

First impressions: I rode it with 125psi and 8full turns OTT wich gave me about 20% sag, 2 clicks lsc, 3 clicks hsc and 12 clicks lsr. With this setup the fork is super sensitive!!!
    Noway near any other fork Iīve ever ridden but given that the amount of OTT Iīm using is outside the recommended maximum for my chosen pressure, there may be downsides that I havenīt noticed yet?!
    The midstroke support is still far better than my stock Lyrik was. I used about 13cm to 14cm travel on a fast, medium rough trail. When I tried take a stone section as a step down and didn`made it, I used about 15cm travel on a scary impact. So it seams that the fork is gets fairly progressive at the end of its travel. Since I payed for 16cm of travel, I will try it with lower pressure and less OTT next time.

All in all, the fork feals verry composed and the amount of traction it provides is remarkable!

What`s a bit strange, is a "klonk" sound and a kind of hard feeling every time the fork tops out. I haven`t noticed something like that on any other fork till now. Additional, when the fork is fully extended, there is a verry small but noticable amount (noticable only in a parking lot test) of breakaway force. The strange thing about this is, that it doesenīt really feel like seal stiction or something like that and it occours only on the verry first mm of the travel. After that the fork cycles absolutly free and verry, verry smooth.
    The combination of this topout noise and the stiction makes me think that it has something to do with the end-stop of the air piston?!

wheelie king
    I heard/felt the "klonk" on mine as well. 2 more clicks of rebound damping and it doesn't do it anymore. I suggest you try adding some rebound damping on yours and see if it helps. Your excessive amount of OTT might be a contributer as well, but I'm just speculating on that one.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Mmmmhh....I would say that the OTT works in the opposite direction and should therefore smoothen the topout but Iīll give it a try...

As for the rebound...Iīll have to play with this setting also, but as the traction was so well, Iīll rather keep my settings instead of hesitating about the "klonk". The klonk-thing is only worrying me because the combination of the klonk and the stiction lets mi think that maybe there is a mechanical issue, like a missing bumper or something like that?!
    Does yours also have this stiction?

Can you post your settings aswell?

wheelie king
    I weigh close to 190 lbs ready to ride, so I went with the base settings in the manual for 180-199 lbs. I started with 128 psi, 6 rotations of OTT, HSC 2, LSC 1, Rebound 8. I tried 8 rotations of OTT, and it felt kind of weird, like the wheel was loose. I went back to 6. Yesterday, I lowered the psi to 125 and it felt the same way. I think it's just so sensitive that it freaked me out. I'm gonna up the Rebound damping a little and see how that feels. Also, I checked my fork for that initial stiction you mentioned and mine does do that. Not sure what it is, but it doesn't bother me. Once it breaks through that the first time, it's butter smooth. I'm very impressed with the Diamond so far.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Iīm between 165lbs and 170lbs with gear and 125psi to 135psi depanding on which pump I use (their scales differ a lot) so that may be the reason why I need "so much" OTT to achive proper sag?!
    But as I said above, I will try less pressure and less OTT to achive more usable travel.

You are absolutly right! The initial stiction is no issue in terms of riding performance, but Iīm still wondering where it comes from. It feels a bit like something is pinched in full top-out position?! As the damper-rod naturally has more travel than the spring-rod, my guess is, that it has something to do with the spring cartidge, but thats pure guessing...
    When the its time to do the first service, I will solve this question and till now I will just enjoy the ride

mtbr member

Diamond on SB6

Just mounted the Diamond on my SB6, sure feels nice. Only a short ride, but it feels better than my 2015 36 just using base settings. Stoked!!

Only nit to pick is that there is no travel O-ring on the stanchion?? Did anybody get an O-ring? not the end of the world for sure, and an easy enough fix, but did not intend to tear it down right away!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DVO diamond-dvo-diamond.jpg  

wheelie king
    The green Diamond looks good! No travel o-ring on mine or my friend's Diamonds. The manual even shows it and calls it a sag o-ring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    So most are running LSC at 2 clicks from open - in other words there's 6 more clicks of LSC to slow it down?

Ive got a 2015 36 and I've got LSC maxed and can barely tell the difference between full closed and full open. its just WAY underdamped for working the bike in the rough - forkking dangerous...

Can the diamond get nice and stiff while still having a normal spring rate and some sag
    :thumbsup: believe in yourself! I believe in you! :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The green Diamond looks good! No travel o-ring on mine or my friend's Diamonds. The manual even shows it and calls it a sag o-ring.
    Mine came with "sag o-ring".

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy View Post
    So most are running LSC at 2 clicks from open - in other words there's 6 more clicks of LSC to slow it down?

Ive got a 2015 36 and I've got LSC maxed and can barely tell the difference between full closed and full open. its just WAY underdamped for working the bike in the rough - forkking dangerous...

Can the diamond get nice and stiff while still having a normal spring rate and some sag
    There are 6 clicks of LSC in total, so if you run 2 from open, you have 4 left. And there is huge range even though there is only 6 positions - 1 gives you full plushness with some brake dive if you aren't watching your weight shifts. 2-3 is good to counter the brake dive while still being plush enough. 4-5 is decent for trail riding where you don't want to play with the knob very much, and 6 is like the climb switch on the CCDB - very little movement to any rider induced feedback, but still can soak up square edges at speed.

I generally keep mine between 2-4 depending on the terrain i'm riding. but will switch it to 6 for long climbs and 1 for long descents. Works better than any other fork I've tried (RS/Fox). And this is completely independent from the pressure/sag and OTT, so they did a great job isolating the settings.

Mine also did not come with the sag ring.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I spoke with the guys at DVO quite a bit about the compression settings on the fork and here is how it broke down in the most basic way to me.

Use OTT as the start of your low speed compression settings.

Consider the low speed compression as a mid-stroke support / climb mode on 6

Adjust HSC accordingly but generally it will take quite a few hours to break in and give you need to add 1 or 2 clicks of HSC.

Hope that helps, maybe not....?

mtbr member
    May 2011

I'm confused as to how you would use the OTT as a low speed compression setting. Is the idea that more OTT = a more supple and plush, but more prone to diving fork; kind of like having less low speed compression dialled in? Therefore less OTT = a more supportive, but less supple fork; as in having more low speed compression?

I guess it makes a degree of sense, but it seems like a strange way to think about it as I thought the point of the OTT was more about giving riders some control over progression somewhat similar to using tokens in a 36 or a Pike...

wheelie king
    The OTT controls how supple the fork is in the top 2" of travel. It does not have an impact on progression.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The OTT controls how supple the fork is in the top 2" of travel. It does not have an impact on progression.
    With a lot of OTT, you can use more pressure (to achive a proper sag) which results in more progression...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have two rides on the Diamond and I have to say it feels really good. It's really plush and smooth, and there's almost zero stiction. It doesn't require much force to get it moving when OTT has been dialed in to optimal setting. I think in this respect it is even better than Pike. And its damping feels more sophisticated and controlled than Pike, and more importantly Diamond has better adjustability with separate low and high speed adjusters. I think this fork is a winner especially with the price hike of 2016 Pike in Europe which makes it the same price as Diamond. I even view the slightly higher weight positively because Pike is maybe too light for hard riding. We have fast enduro guys here that have destroyed Pike's bushings in a few months and many have problems with creaking uppers. And the bushings can't be changed, you have to buy new lowers for 300€ if one year warranty is over. If Diamond proves to be more durable then the slightly increased weight is actually a good thing, imo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Keep the reviews coming on the Diamond guys. Looking at a new build and searching for a fork. So many good forks out now, but I'm intrigued w the diamond and will probably go this route. But no frame yet, so taking my time researching

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I think I might go with a little less OTT on mine, every now and then the fork will hang up on square-edged bumps because it goes so easily into its travel. I think maybe adding a little more firmness to the top of the stroke will help the wheel up and over. I'll let you know how that goes.

On another note, I just bought a 2nd Diamond, this time in green for my 29er build

Greystoke
    I spoke with the guys at DVO quite a bit about the compression settings on the fork and here is how it broke down in the most basic way to me.

Adjust HSC accordingly but generally it will take quite a few hours to break in and give you need to add 1 or 2 clicks of HSC.

I only have three rides on mine & this seems to be the way to go.
    Went down a trail today that was logged half way into it . Decided rather than walk back up to just pick a random line through the debris. I was really expecting an endo over the bars but was pleasantly surprised how I managed to stay on, mid stroke support & control was very good.
    I also have an Avy Pike (full oil bath) , still early days but I think the Diamond could be the better fork . I know I still need to do a lot more miles to really compare them fairly.
    I don't have any initial stiction like some others it's just smooth & controlled all the way.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by geo025 View Post
    I only have three rides on mine & this seems to be the way to go.
    Went down a trail today that was logged half way into it . Decided rather than walk back up to just pick a random line through the debris. I was really expecting an endo over the bars but was pleasantly surprised how I managed to stay on, mid stroke support & control was very good.
    I also have an Avy Pike (full oil bath) , still early days but I think the Diamond could be the better fork . I know I still need to do a lot more miles to really compare them fairly.
    I don't have any initial stiction like some others it's just smooth & controlled all the way.
    Yeah the second diamond I bought which was from a later production run has a lot more oil on and around the wipers, and seems to have less stiction

mtbr member
    what's the tire clearance on the Diamond like?
    would the 29er take a B+ tire, 27.5x3.0 or 27.5x3.25?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Is it best to follow the DVO set up instructions or have you found through experience any differences from what DVO suggests?

Cheers

wheelie king
    Quote Originally Posted by loamranger View Post
    Is it best to follow the DVO set up instructions or have you found through experience any differences from what DVO suggests?

Cheers
    Yes. Start with DVO's recommendations, they are very good. I've tweaked my settings a little bit, but I'm still within their recommended tuning range. Obviously, you will want to experiment a little with rebound damping and the OTT settings to see what suits you and your terrain.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Yes. Start with DVO's recommendations, they are very good. I've tweaked my settings a little bit, but I'm still within their recommended tuning range. Obviously, you will want to experiment a little with rebound damping and the OTT settings to see what suits you and your terrain.
    Thanks. Hope I like it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by savo View Post
    what's the tire clearance on the Diamond like?
    would the 29er take a B+ tire, 27.5x3.0 or 27.5x3.25?
    Got about 6mm clearance with a 2.35 HD, if that helps. So tighter than the Pike.

mtbr member
    Man there just isn't a lot out there on these things. I'm looking to replace my 2011 Float36 rc2 with one of these in the next few months.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb:skep:

wheelie king
    Do it. You will not be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    Man there just isn't a lot out there on these things. I'm looking to replace my 2011 Float36 rc2 with one of these in the next few months.
    Just do it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mehukatti View Post
    I have two rides on the Diamond and I have to say it feels really good. It's really plush and smooth, and there's almost zero stiction. It doesn't require much force to get it moving when OTT has been dialed in to optimal setting. I think in this respect it is even better than Pike. And its damping feels more sophisticated and controlled than Pike, and more importantly Diamond has better adjustability with separate low and high speed adjusters. I think this fork is a winner especially with the price hike of 2016 Pike in Europe which makes it the same price as Diamond. I even view the slightly higher weight positively because Pike is maybe too light for hard riding. We have fast enduro guys here that have destroyed Pike's bushings in a few months and many have problems with creaking uppers. And the bushings can't be changed, you have to buy new lowers for 300€ if one year warranty is over. If Diamond proves to be more durable then the slightly increased weight is actually a good thing, imo.
    I agree with your comments.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rhynohead View Post
    Keep the reviews coming on the Diamond guys. Looking at a new build and searching for a fork. So many good forks out now, but I'm intrigued w the diamond and will probably go this route. But no frame yet, so taking my time researching
    There are some good choices now: DVO, 36 and BOS FCV would be on my list.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Do it. You will not be disappointed.
    I'm not dissappointed, prefer to my Pike. I have not tried a 36 yet, that's supposed to be really good too.

DVO are coming out with 650b 110 and 650b plus sizes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Went to Beech Mountain yesterday and did some lift service on my Diamond. Ran everything from the basic line to the pro DH course on it and it performed quite well.

The biggest thing with this fork is knowing how to tune it and what the adjustments do. This fork has so much that can be done with it, it might feel like crap if you are twisting knobs and not fully understanding how they relate to one another and trail conditions. At least for me, the first time I rode it on the suggested settings it was good. But now that I have more time on it and have changed a bit, it feels much better.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Went to Beech Mountain yesterday and did some lift service on my Diamond. Ran everything from the basic line to the pro DH course on it and it performed quite well.

The biggest thing with this fork is knowing how to tune it and what the adjustments do. This fork has so much that can be done with it, it might feel like crap if you are twisting knobs and not fully understanding how they relate to one another and trail conditions. At least for me, the first time I rode it on the suggested settings it was good. But now that I have more time on it and have changed a bit, it feels much better.
    Just for posterity...
    Could you tell us what precisely you thought needed inprovement and what adjustments you made to get the sweet spot?

I'm running a tiny bit less OTT then recommended and a few less PSI.
    I did this because I found that when climbing, the bike would kind of hang up on bigger bumps because the fork was so plush. I think another way to deal with this problem is to run more OTT but use the LSC knob as a climb switch. I prefer a fork I can have one good setting and leave it rather than twist knobs depending on the terrain. I just find that I get lazy or forget to open up the LSC before a downhill.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Max,

As always, personal preference is the key here. From initial settings, I ended up adding up to 2 full turns of OTT to soften the fork up, so 12 clicks. I ride on a 2-3 LSC and a couple clicks of HSC.

From speaking with the DVO guys, what they said has proven true (at least for me so far) with tuning the fork. And that is to think of OTT as not only initial sensitivity but also as your base LSC. Use the LSC knob as your "mid valve" so to speak. So crank to to 5-6 for climbing then back to whatever your flavor is for the rest. Then of course your HSC for high shaft speed hits, such as large drops, square hits, or braking bumps at speed.

Basically think of OTT as the beginning of the compression stroke and how soft you want that to be. Then think of the LSC knob as how firm you want the fork to be after it passes through the OTT zone. So in relation to fork shaft speed, OTT for slow/small bits, LSC for medium shaft speed hits, then HSC for the fast.

Lastly rebound, this is entirely personal preference. But also don't forget that as you tweak compression knobs, you may need to adjust your rebound to match. Additionally, many forget that the more air they add to the air spring, the more rebound that puts into the system so in-turn, more rebound damping is needed to compensate and keep the same feeling in the fork.

Hope all that makes sense....?

One factor to consider is also your rear shock. If that is out of balance it will almost always make your front end feel like crap. After getting my X2 put on my bike, it's feeling mint front and rear and balanced for a change versus chasing settings trying to get the front and back to place nice together.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. I kind of had imagined using the LSC as a platform, maybe I'll give that a try with a little more OTT.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Is the consensus that this fork is better than the new 36's? I have found that I prefer it to the Pike in 29er flavour.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I had one of the new 36's before the diamond. I do think it's a little better simply due to the OTT feature. Just having that to dial in all aspects of the compression stroke makes the difference to me.

However in the defense of the 36, I only got about 5-6 rides on the 36 before swapping it out for the diamond so I never got it really reminded.

mtbr member
    Just did my first ride on my new Diamond yesterday and I am impressed. I have it mounted on my hard tail 29er and running it at 140mm. I did a bit of tuning but got too excited to ride and just took it out without having everything set up super dialed. Whatever I did didn't ruin it too much because I had a blast on it. Reminds me a lot of the 140mm Pike on my Ibis but it's cool knowing that the DVO has more potential in it after I get to tweaking it a bit more. Overall, based on one ride, I can tell its at least as good as the Pike. Time will ultimately tell I guess though...
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

Elitest thrill junkie
    Anyone try fitting a Minion 2.5 in the 29er version? Will it fit?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    anyone know about the oil spec's and volumes for the diamonds. I have had mine since they first came out and was thinking of an oil change but am not sure what to buy.

rollin
    I just upgraded the fork on my Nickel, from a Marzocchi 44 to a DVO Diamond.

Living close enough to DVO, I visited Ronnie and had him reduce the travel to 140mm. In the process, he dialed the settings based on a few comments. I like my suspension kushy.

My DH bike is out of commission as I rebuild the rear wheel, so what better way to inaugurate the new fork than taking it on a crazy downhill run for some shocking and gnarling?

Granted, this trail is more of a ride for survival than testing suspension, it certainly put the fork through it's paces. Shoulder high drops, jumps, boulders, steep loose sand, baby heads and corners.

Overall, the fork inspired much more confidence than the 44. Huge improvement on rigidity and ride height. The Diamond rides higher and doesn't dive like the 44. Tighter tolerances in the bushings of the DVO make the fork feel really solid without that typical clunk clunk. The DVO is just solid.

Suspension was butter straight out the box, but Ronnie put some extra sauce on the seals when he had it apart. Not changing a thing after Ronnie set up the fork, the suspension was super buttery and responsive. Feels really smooth over the loose baby heads. The fork felt great on the drops, too.

Obviously, it's only 140mm and no DH fork, you can feel that, but the fork is a staunch SOB and feels ready for anything.

I will post pics later and update my thoughts as I get some more rides on the fork. So far, I'm really happy with the purchase.

Oh, and I should mention that the metallic lime green looks awesome in the sun! It takes me waaay back to my first real suspension fork, the metallic lime green Marzocchi Bomber Z2, 3" fork that started it all back in the 90's. It's a fitting color for the Marzocchi crew that founded DVO.

rollin
    In case anybody is wondering, this is the green Marzocchi Z2 Bam, I was referring to in the above text. Not my bike not my pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DVO diamond-new11.jpg  

SISSIF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Anyone try fitting a Minion 2.5 in the 29er version? Will it fit?
    Barely clears the arch, 4-5mm, haven't checked it at full compression to check clearance on the crown. Fender rubs if its on. Haven't ridden it yet, wouldn't work on muddy trails but I may try it on a dry day - really like the tire.
    Big Wheels and Fat Skis keep me young.

SISSIF

Minion Clearance

4-5mm Diamond. 9-10mm Pike.
    Crown clears fine on DVO fork, going on the bike this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DVO diamond-image.jpg  

DVO diamond-image.jpg  

Elitest thrill junkie
    DVO diamond-image.jpgYeah, pretty much at the min

Elitest thrill junkie
    Damn you mtbr uploader

SISSIF
    Haven't ridden it yet. Any issue with flex causing knob buzz? Planning to run it for a while any way since it's already on the Derby.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Flex is not going to cause tire buzz, there's plenty of clearance, at least with 30mm rims. In my experience carbon rims are very stiff anyway. The min clearance for the vertical is so when you bottom out, and the bottom of the tire compresses, and the top bulges, that the tire won't jam on the fork and throw you, which would end up badly due to all the forces and speed involved.

SISSIF
    So how can you tell you're not below the minimum clearance without going OTB? Looks like you've been riding it, 4mm enough? I like the tire a lot but would probably be happy with the 2.3 as well.
    Last edited by TheCanary; 08-15-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanary View Post
    So how can you tell you're not below the minimum clearance without going OTB? Looks like you've been riding it, 4mm enough? I like the tire a lot but would probably be happy with the 2.3 as well.
    It's in the manual, 6mm.

SISSIF
    Cool. Good to have a number. So, you not going to run the 2.5 on the Diamond then?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanary View Post
    Cool. Good to have a number. So, you not going to run the 2.5 on the Diamond then?
    Here's what DVO said about it:

Hi James,

A 2.5 tire is cutting it close but we have had several people run this size tire with a Diamond. Officially we can recommend a 2.35 to 2.40 tire. Since each tire manufactuer might differ slightly the only thing I can recommend is trying the 2.5 tire and make sure there is enough side clearance incase there is flex in the wheel.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any other questions,

Mike
    I'm running it because I have about 5mm vertical, so I think it's probably close enough. The minion 2.5 though is kind of the gold standard, to see the fork is not really designed with this in mind is disappointing. They run kind of small for 2.5s, but the widest wide rims are probably pushing them out quite a bit I'd imagine. There's plenty of side-to-side clearance on my build and I have a pretty stiff wheelset. The stock wheelset on my bike was like a noodle though, rear would rub the frame.

SISSIF
    Yeah, side clearance looks fine and the Derby's are plenty stiff so I'll "run wut I brung" for now. Agree, a little disappointed with the clearance, probably have to find another fork if I want to play the 27.5+ game for this fall/winter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Does anyone have any ride time on a diamond and a mattoc? Im curious how they compare in dampening and stiffness.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Enduro 29er, sweet setting for the Diamond on harder charging rough trails is a tad lower springrate (I'm running 115-120psi at 185-190# in gym clothes), and around 3 on LSC, medium OTT and normal rebound and HSC. Isn't AS plush on the first hit in a row as it would be with the 1 LSC setting, but through repeated deep hits the bike becomes way more stable.

mtbr member
    Great discussion, guys. Ive got a 2016 Slash 8 Im setting up for a burly AM/DH rig. Im between the Diamond and the new RS Lyrik. Thoughts on 160-170mm set ups?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Royale_With_Cheese View Post
    Great discussion, guys. Ive got a 2016 Slash 8 Im setting up for a burly AM/DH rig. Im between the Diamond and the new RS Lyrik. Thoughts on 160-170mm set ups?
    Pretty sure 160 is tha max for the Diamond. At that travel setting it looks kinda spindly IMO, so if you're a bigger rider and/or are truly running DH I'd go with a 36. Just my opinion, but it seems like the fork is more geared as a beefy trail fork or true all mountain.

mtbr member
    So this thing isn't up to chasing gravity at the bike park? Ehh that stinks, guess I need to look into other forks. My bike will see bike park use and DH use and I'm like 235 ready to ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider76 View Post
    So this thing isn't up to chasing gravity at the bike park? Ehh that stinks, guess I need to look into other forks. My bike will see bike park use and DH use and I'm like 235 ready to ride.
    It'll hold up, just might not be the best choice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Yeah, I've been to Beech Mtn a couple times this year and their rock gardens are no joke. I had zero issue with flex in the fork and once I got the settings right compression wise, the fork was great over everything that the mountain had to offer from the green run to the pro DH course. The only thing holding me back was my ability and a wheel set I ended up making rotate in the shape of an S.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I had 100psi set when I got to the park, I was totally impressed with the way the fork handled the chunder, the faster I rode, the more it smoothed it out, felt well damped.

Went off a jump, checked travel, was using ALL of it. Upped PSI by 10. Rode some more, lost a bit of the compliance from before, went off a drop, bottomed it noticably. Tried more HSC, noticed it turned the ride more into a jackhammer, backed it out, increased PSI by 10 again. This changed the ride again, by making it harsher, although not too terrible, but that "better as you go faster" feeling was gone. At this PSI it kind of sucks on any slower stuff and for trail riding. Although I understand stiffening it a bit for DH, I can't seem to get great compliance past the OTT travel AND still have it resist bottoming. Seems overdamped on HSC and maybe on HSR, but if it would just resist bottoming better, that would make me pretty happy. I'm not talking about dive and chassis movement, I'm talking about drops and jumps, not crazy hard, just what I'd consider moderate and where you should be able to set the fork up for a pretty good compromise.

It's not junk or horrible, but it doesn't seem to like our roots on the 2K descent I did on Sunday, it was just not possible to get it very compliant, I emailed DVO, but they have about a 2 week turn-around on emails based on my last one.

J

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. Might have to go with the Lyrik.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Jayem, you just need more progression in the air spring. You can add oil to the air chamber to decrease air volume.
    So you can ride your smooth setting and have bottom out protection.

I would prefer this fork to the Lyrik for sure. Best feeling "enduro" fork on the market, imo. I have no problems running it in the bikepark, stiffness is fine and damping is outstanding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Jayem,

Have you also tried messing with the OTT and low speed compression while changing those settings? Remember that as you add more air to the air chamber you are also needing additional rebound damping as well as the fork will spring back faster. Additionally, the low-speed knob is essentially a mid-stroke damping I've found and acts as the intermediate between the OTT and HSC.

OTT has a huge range of adjustment and can make that initial stroke much better, but it's almost like building layers. Dial in air pressure. Adjust OTT to make the initial stroke feel like what you want. Use LSC as your mid-stroke for braking smaller braking bumps and general terrain. Then finish with HSC for large hits, bigger braking bumps, and high-speed impacts. Hope that will help...?

I've been really happy with mine with everything from regular trail riding to bike park bits but maybe I am just riding some less gnarly or technical things than you are. Below is a video of some of the stuff I have ridden on the diamond (video isn't of me, just Beech Mountain in general).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLgMcsbL7g0

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    THis is exactly what I thought. If you have a smaller volume air chamber, it will ramp up faster. This will allow you to ride with the PSI you prefer without having harsh bottoming.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Jayem,

Have you also tried messing with the OTT and low speed compression while changing those settings? Remember that as you add more air to the air chamber you are also needing additional rebound damping as well as the fork will spring back faster. Additionally, the low-speed knob is essentially a mid-stroke damping I've found and acts as the intermediate between the OTT and HSC.

OTT has a huge range of adjustment and can make that initial stroke much better, but it's almost like building layers. Dial in air pressure. Adjust OTT to make the initial stroke feel like what you want. Use LSC as your mid-stroke for braking smaller braking bumps and general terrain. Then finish with HSC for large hits, bigger braking bumps, and high-speed impacts. Hope that will help...?

I've been really happy with mine with everything from regular trail riding to bike park bits but maybe I am just riding some less gnarly or technical things than you are. Below is a video of some of the stuff I have ridden on the diamond (video isn't of me, just Beech Mountain in general).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLgMcsbL7g0
    Yes, of course. The OTT can make the first 2" pretty nice, but transitioning to the rest of the travel ends up pretty harsh, especially at the higher PSIs.

I've literally tried every setting to try and get it to "break away" to high speed damping as easily as my pike does.

I'm not sure using the OTT as "LSC" is exactly valid. With traditional LSC, you can increase the damping to add more stability and adjust the high speed "knee", forcing more oil into the high speed circuit when it opens on a sharp hit. The OTT seems to just allow you to make the initial travel softer, which isn't really the same thing. Increasing actual LSC adds more resistance to dive and gives a little stability, but it doesn't take much on this fork, settings like 4-5 are usually much to harsh for most riding.

I'll try the oil level, it wasn't exactly something I could do on the mountain over the weekend, but it doesn't seem to be as well advertised as the other features.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

I'll try the oil level, it wasn't exactly something I could do on the mountain over the weekend, but it doesn't seem to be as well advertised as the other features.
    It's not advertised because it's not a new or unique feature, just one of the basic fundamentals of suspension tuning.

Elitest thrill junkie
    It's not advertised because it's not a new or unique feature, just one of the basic fundamentals of suspension tuning.
    Not exactly, many forks can not be adjusted in this way anymore, not really since the old full-oil-bath Marzocchis has this been "standard". Don't try this on a Pike, Fox or other modern fork, unless the manual explicitly says it's a tuning parameter.

mtbr member
    Not exactly, many forks can not be adjusted in this way anymore, not really since the old full-oil-bath Marzocchis has this been "standard". Don't try this on a Pike, Fox or other modern fork, unless the manual explicitly says it's a tuning parameter.
    you're right, adding oil in the positive chamber is not a good idea if the fork has a self-equalizing negative air spring (Pike, new fox 36&34...).

if the negative spring is a coil spring instead, like in the Diamond, oil in the air chamber should be nice.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'll be interested to hear how this turns out. Hope it works for you as I've just been fortunate enough to only need to turn some knobs to get it feeling right where I'd like it.

SISSIF

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I have a few questions about the fork...

1. The HSC recommendation for my weight only recommends 2-4 clicks, but the knob is capable of much more than that... What is the point of all the extra beyond the recommended settings? What will I notice?

2. I do not need to service my fork now, but I noticed there are no videos or manuals on DVO's website, it just says "coming soon". Is there a different place to look?

Thanks in advance!

wheelie king
    No other place to look for service videos that I know of, but there is a video for travel adjust which shows how to remove the lowers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Just got done with my second ride on the diamond and wanted to share my thoughts for those considering this fork. Previous fork was a manitou mattoc expert 27.5 and I had about 15 rides on that. I really liked the mattocs performance but swapped it out after having some QC issues with Manitou. Manitou's customer service is awesome but Im OCD about stuff and wanted piece of mind, plus found a great deal on a diamond, so I went for it. Bike is a black market roam 160mm travel with DVO jade on the rear.

DVO diamond-fullsizerender.jpg

Initial impressions off the bike were that the diamond is heavier but also stouter than the mattoc. Axle to crown and offset should be the same for both forks.

On the trail, it is awesome! The small bump sensitivity is impressive and was immediately noticeable in comparison to the mattoc. The other most noticeable difference is just a general feeling of improved confidence. Not sure if it is an increase in sensitivity, stiffness, dampening or what but I can run into sections much more aggressively now and I found myself looking for the more challenging lines for the fun of it.

Low speed range seems about the same between the two

High speed and rebound adjustment range is much better on the diamond. I never found myself wishing for more high speed dampening on the mattoc but I did want more rebound tunability (expert only has 4 positions of rebound adjusment).

The mattoc's axle is easier to remove and install (if you care about these things).

In conclusion, I would say they are both great forks but the diamond is going to be staying on the bike because it makes riding more fun.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by lakekeman View Post
    Jayem, you just need more progression in the air spring. You can add oil to the air chamber to decrease air volume.
    So you can ride your smooth setting and have bottom out protection.
    It looks like this would have to be done by removing the air cartridge, opening up the bottom by putting it in a shock vise and using the pin-spanners to open it, or by removing the valve core and possibly using a syringe or something similar. Given the lack of response by DVO, the lack of total information on it, and the difficulty by which you'd go about doing it (not impossible, but not just opening a top cap and pouring oil in), I'm not doing this for now. It doesn't seem to be an intended tuning parameter.

The thing is, when I get the fork feeling pretty nice, like now, it's because I've cranked the OTT past recommended, which seems to overpower the "step" I was getting as the fork was soft on some initial travel and then kind of hitting a wall, and it's at a pressure where I use all of my travel off of a moderate 4 foot drop. Not to a real nice transition, but not to flat either. Would like to see it around 1/2" of full travel with the same bump compliance, but doesn't seem possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm surprised DVO didn't respond to you. Did you try calling them?

I got emails back from Ronnie within a few hours on weekdays when I first was trying to get mine set up.

mtbr member
    They have probably been busy with Eurobike and gotten a little behind in responding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Palirojo View Post
    Just got done with my second ride on the diamond and wanted to share my thoughts for those considering this fork. Previous fork was a manitou mattoc expert 27.5 and I had about 15 rides on that. I really liked the mattocs performance but swapped it out after having some QC issues with Manitou. Manitou's customer service is awesome but Im OCD about stuff and wanted piece of mind, plus found a great deal on a diamond, so I went for it. Bike is a black market roam 160mm travel with DVO jade on the rear.

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	1012042

Initial impressions off the bike were that the diamond is heavier but also stouter than the mattoc. Axle to crown and offset should be the same for both forks.

On the trail, it is awesome! The small bump sensitivity is impressive and was immediately noticeable in comparison to the mattoc. The other most noticeable difference is just a general feeling of improved confidence. Not sure if it is an increase in sensitivity, stiffness, dampening or what but I can run into sections much more aggressively now and I found myself looking for the more challenging lines for the fun of it.

Low speed range seems about the same between the two

High speed and rebound adjustment range is much better on the diamond. I never found myself wishing for more high speed dampening on the mattoc but I did want more rebound tunability (expert only has 4 positions of rebound adjusment).

The mattoc's axle is easier to remove and install (if you care about these things).

In conclusion, I would say they are both great forks but the diamond is going to be staying on the bike because it makes riding more fun.

I CANNOT COMMENT ON THE DIAMON IN GENERAL, unfortunately have not ridden one yet. But why are some people so fed up with the mattocs axle? Itīs so easy to use. How can some people even put their clothes on every morning when they are not up to such a simple task?
    Do you still have it as spare or have you already sold it? Can give you a simple advice ;-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bansaiman View Post
    I CANNOT COMMENT ON THE DIAMON IN GENERAL, unfortunately have not ridden one yet. But why are some people so fed up with the mattocs axle? Itīs so easy to use. How can some people even put their clothes on every morning when they are not up to such a simple task?
    Do you still have it as spare or have you already sold it? Can give you a simple advice ;-)
    Actually, I think he likes the Mattoc axle! But I hate it, so what is the advice? (:
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

MTB SOCAL
    DVO diamond-dvo-diamond.jpg

I got a good deal, so I picked up a Diamond for my upcoming carbon Warden build
    Kokopelli Racing

"Curb drops to flat, or curb drops to transition? There's a BIG difference there." Qfactor03

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Nice one!
    I got one in green 29er flavor for a Honzo build I'm working on.
    Here's my other one:
    DVO diamond-fullsizerender_1.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    does anyone elses one make a rattle/clicking noise in the first part of the travel, as if its starting moving through the OTT onto the air?

I dont notice anything when ridding rough stuff, but over fast small stuff it had me wondering if my headset had come loose?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes, and I think it is quite common. The rattle get worse the more OTT you use. I have complained about it to my dealer, but they have yet to come up with a solution.

Sent fra min E6553 via Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hmm. Never noticed it, but I don't use a ton of OTT. even so this is still the best fork I've ever used

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I have noticed that the rattle is more dominant at the start of a ride. After a while it gets less noisy. I Wonder if it has something to do with the oil in the fork leg dampen the noise when it's spread around after a while. I think I will try to add som more oil in the leg and see if it helps. The damping side of the fork is perfect!

Sent fra min E6553 via Tapatalk

Elitest thrill junkie
    Hmm. Never noticed it, but I don't use a ton of OTT. even so this is still the best fork I've ever used
    Curious why you say it's the "best fork"? I've sent an email to DVO and I'm trying to understand why I have the issues I have. Could you explain what makes it so good? The main issue I have is through rough and choppy terrain, the fork is very harsh, this is with 5-7 turns of OTT. The high speed damping seems to ricochet off of impacts, rather than absorb them. Low speed stability is fine, but I've tried everything I can think of and the only thing that helps (but doesn't make it go away) is to lower the pressure, but then it bottoms easily. The fork is ok on smooth park stuff, but any roots or rocks and it seems to react poor. What makes it better than your other fork experiences (this may help me sort out my issues)?

I get the rattle too, it's most pronounced when starting or the fork hasn't been cycled for a while.

wheelie king
    Jayem, what is your HSC set to?

Elitest thrill junkie
    Jayem, what is your HSC set to?
    0 to 2 clicks. I've tried as much as 8 or so, but it seems to work "best" around 2, which is close to/same as the suggested setting. Gets a lot harsher overall with much more HSC. I usually have it set on 2LSC 2HSC.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Curious why you say it's the "best fork"? I've sent an email to DVO and I'm trying to understand why I have the issues I have. Could you explain what makes it so good? The main issue I have is through rough and choppy terrain, the fork is very harsh, this is with 5-7 turns of OTT. The high speed damping seems to ricochet off of impacts, rather than absorb them. Low speed stability is fine, but I've tried everything I can think of and the only thing that helps (but doesn't make it go away) is to lower the pressure, but then it bottoms easily. The fork is ok on smooth park stuff, but any roots or rocks and it seems to react poor. What makes it better than your other fork experiences (this may help me sort out my issues)?

I get the rattle too, it's most pronounced when starting or the fork hasn't been cycled for a while.
    It's more plush than anything else I've ridden, and it feels more controlled in the travel. Like I can use all of the travel without ever notice bottoming out, and yet it rides high. It doesn't feel harsh in the rough choppy stuff like my Pike sometimes does. I'm not sure of my settings but I'll look into it and post back.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    That's good to know, as it certainly feels better than the pike it replaced (under warranty) but the rattle was driving me crazy! just went out for a play in the local woods, but it had me stopping, checking the headset, the spokes, the break caliper etc.. probably made to sound worse due to the carbon frame effect.
    hopefully I'll stop noticing it, or a fix is found..

Jayem - im running "nearly" smack in the middle of the base recommended settings at the moment, and your experience is the polar opposite to mine. I "needed" to run 2 vol spacers in the pike, and that felt really harsh, so I dropped to 1, ran more psi, felt better but still harsh, the diamond feels loads smoother, and i'm yet to bottom out, going to run it as is for a bit, as yet to really do anything big, but tempted to drop a few psi even.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by eandrew View Post
    That's good to know, as it certainly feels better than the pike it replaced (under warranty) but the rattle was driving me crazy! just went out for a play in the local woods, but it had me stopping, checking the headset, the spokes, the break caliper etc.. probably made to sound worse due to the carbon frame effect.
    hopefully I'll stop noticing it, or a fix is found..

Jayem - im running "nearly" smack in the middle of the base recommended settings at the moment, and your experience is the polar opposite to mine. I "needed" to run 2 vol spacers in the pike, and that felt really harsh, so I dropped to 1, ran more psi, felt better but still harsh, the diamond feels loads smoother, and i'm yet to bottom out, going to run it as is for a bit, as yet to really do anything big, but tempted to drop a few psi even.
    How much do you weigh?

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    About 85kg 90ish in riding kit I'd have thought.
    (I'm 6'5")

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    So I never noticed the clicking until it was just mentioned. I had to go grab my bike and give it a test to see. Sure enough, in about the first 10-15mm of travel it clicks as you compress it. So I went for a spin and when I'm actually riding, I almost never hear it because it's just on the other side of the sag, so it's only when the fork is unweighted and then compressed.
    So this is a Diamond I've only had for about 5-6 rides. I have another one I've been riding on another bike that I bought as soon as it was available last spring... This one does not click! Try as I may I can't replicate the sound with my earlier fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Well I've been told by the shop I ordered them from that this is not to be expected, and to send them back for either a refund or replacement...

This video show the noise striped from the bike with the steerer bung removed so all there is is the fork on the floor

https://youtu.be/e2DT0tjRJZ0

So same again giving them another shot.... Or 36s?

mtbr member
    So I never noticed the clicking until it was just mentioned. I had to go grab my bike and give it a test to see. Sure enough, in about the first 10-15mm of travel it clicks as you compress it. So I went for a spin and when I'm actually riding, I almost never hear it because it's just on the other side of the sag, so it's only when the fork is unweighted and then compressed.
    So this is a Diamond I've only had for about 5-6 rides. I have another one I've been riding on another bike that I bought as soon as it was available last spring... This one does not click! Try as I may I can't replicate the sound with my earlier fork.
    it seems weird to me that you would not hear this in the course of normal riding. there are many times your suspension would go to full extension- jumping, step-down, lifting the front wheel, whoop-de-dos, and so on.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Well as I said, I had only put in maybe 5 rides on the fork. It was also a new bike, so I was really paying attention to a lot of other stuff, and TBH the noise isn't all that loud. I can hear it when riding on the blacktop, but it's easily overcome by the other noises of trail riding

mtbr member
    Well I've been told by the shop I ordered them from that this is not to be expected, and to send them back for either a refund or replacement...

This video show the noise striped from the bike with the steerer bung removed so all there is is the fork on the floor

Mine was making the same noise, could hear it riding and in the parking lot. Took the fork off the bike and could basically feel it.

Called DVO and spoke to JP about it, he mentioned a small cone shaped washer down in the negative spring area that they are no longer using and said to remove it. Surprise, mine did not have that one anyway.

I kept messing with it, took the damper cartridge out and while playing with it noted that every time it topped out it went clank clank, sounded metal on metal. I pulled it apart, not too difficult, and put a small o ring on the shaft for a rubber bumper at top out. Noise gone completely. 1000 miles later and still no noise.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    The shop i bought mine from tells me that "its not normal" although obviously i'm aware others are experiencing it.

TBH its too loud for me to ignore, probably exaggerated by a large tubed carbon frame (and silky smooth riding style ;-)

The shops words to me were that, whilst it might not be causing a functional problem now, it could lead to a bigger issue later.

whilst I'm sure this is just some ass covering rather than any in-depth technical knowledge of the product and the issue, Im sending it back in order to not take a chance with a warranty.

Id also be wary of opening it up and modifying it myself for these very reasons whilst under warranty.

I think as this seems common Ill give the 36s a go as a replacement, although im a little concerned about the harshness others are experiencing.

Greystoke
    This maybe the clicking I had when I was playing around with various travel settings.
    I put it down to the OTT spring not seating properly (or being loose on a plastic retaining sleeve). If you look at the DVO video on travel adjustment you will see that the spring needs to be rotated with a bit of force into place.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Hmm, well maybe Ill give the DVO another chance, if the one the shop sends me develops this again Ill have a poke around inside before contacting them for assistance.

DVO never replied to my emails and UK based so don't fancy calling them :-(
    Thanks for your advice guys, it gives me something to go one if i break them open.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by geo025 View Post
    This maybe the clicking I had when I was playing around with various travel settings.
    I put it down to the OTT spring not seating properly (or being loose on a plastic retaining sleeve). If you look at the DVO video on travel adjustment you will see that the spring needs to be rotated with a bit of force into place.
    I think most of us with the knocking have never done anything to the travel adjustment (meaning it's not user error).

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I reduced the travel on my first Diamond and that's the one that doesn't click. The new fork is straight out of the box and clicking like a pod of dolphins trying to corral a school of herring.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Is the clicking others are experiencing as bad as that I am?

mtbr member

I would not be happy if my new fork sounded like that.

wheelie king
    The high speed damping seems to ricochet off of impacts, rather than absorb them.
    I had a similar experience with mine. I found that my air pressure was too low. I upped my psi with OTT set to 8 or 9. I have LSC set to 1 for most riding. It feels great. In my experience, if the air pressure is too low, the fork feels kind of dead.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I had a similar experience with mine. I found that my air pressure was too low. I upped my psi with OTT set to 8 or 9. I have LSC set to 1 for most riding. It feels great. In my experience, if the air pressure is too low, the fork feels kind of dead.
    If I lower the air pressure to around 100, it bottoms easily, especially with OTT 8-9, which induces the knock rather easily too. Raising the air pressure to where it doesn't bottom and setting the sag results in the very harsh high speed damping.

It's getting revalved right now, so I'm hoping for good things! They seem committed to making it work well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Jayem, bummer to hear you're having troubles. Although it's good to hear they're helping you out... Did you just contact them and tell them what's up?

I remember you mentioned bottoming out, did you ever try adding oil to the air spring side? I notice I use all the travel on my fork but I never feel it bottom out. I think I have it set perfect for my weight and riding style, I'm still super stoked with this fork!

wheelie king
    It's getting revalved right now, so I'm hoping for good things! They seem committed to making it work well.
    Cool. Let us know how it works out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    So how bad is the tire clearance? I'm running a magic marry on 40mm derbys in the desert so quite a bit of volume and tire clearance is important

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by invol2ver View Post
    So how bad is the tire clearance? I'm running a magic marry on 40mm derbys in the desert so quite a bit of volume and tire clearance is important
    I don't know what that means, but I was running a 2.5 minion on 30mm rims and it worked fine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    What sort of valving changes are you after with it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    well rocks get flung up all the time and it will gauge the shit out of the lowers if the clearance is to small

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by GH28 View Post
    What sort of valving changes are you after with it?
    Already made the changes, but unable to test due to a wheel size change.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Shoot, won't fit my new large frame due to headtube too long and would be down to zero spacers likely.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast