Dumb Marz Question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Dumb Marz Question

Howdy-

I haven't had a suspension fork for a few years, and they sure have changed since I last put one on my bike.

I just got a Marzocchi MX Pro ETA for my 29er. The sales copy that I read when I bought it said it could be either a 105mm or an 85mm fork. I believe the 85 might be a better fit for my Karate Monkey.

<dumb question>So, er, how do I make it an 85mm fork? I looked through the docs, and they're not much help. The fork has an ETA switch, an air valve, and a rebound knob. Is there a secret button or knob somewhere I'm missing? Or do I just have to hit the ETA at precisely the right moment to make it an 85mm fork?</dumb question>

Thanks, y'all.

jJ

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

The travel of the....

MX series of forks in not externally adjustable unless you have the TAS (Travel Adjustment System) on the fork. You would know if you did as you would have an additional knob on the bottom of the left leg that would be marked as such.

If your fork is currently set up with 105mm of travel and doesn't have TAS you'll need to get a "travel reduction kit" ordered from a Marzocchi dealer and install it. This does require some disassembly of the fork so you may want your LBS to do the job.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Members who have read this thread: 0