dreaming of thé 29-er fork for me- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

dreaming of thé 29-er fork for me

I've got a couple question for you guys...

I'm building a 29-er trail bike and need a fork to finish it but the forks on the market don't float my boat... because:
    * I've got wheels from last year (2012) with a 20mm axl that I want to run (easton haven)
    * I would prefer a coil fork over air

So i've been thinking/dreaming:
    I can get 2012 26" revelation WC's relatively cheap form a local seller. Can you just convert that to 29" by changing the lowers? I think 29" fork have 1,5" of hollow space at the bottom?!
    If that would work... Can I add a sektor u-turn coil to that fork?

Keep in mind, i'll have to do this myself so no milling or lathes...

So in the end I would end up with a 29" 20mm carbon crown coil revelation I can run at 130-140mm...

What do the expert think?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bettes View Post
    I've got a couple question for you guys...

I'm building a 29-er trail bike and need a fork to finish it but the forks on the market don't float my boat... because:
    * I've got wheels from last year (2012) with a 20mm axl that I want to run (easton haven)
    * I would prefer a coil fork over air

So i've been thinking/dreaming:
    I can get 2012 26" revelation WC's relatively cheap form a local seller. Can you just convert that to 29" by changing the lowers? I think 29" fork have 1,5" of hollow space at the bottom?!
    If that would work... Can I add a sektor u-turn coil to that fork?

Keep in mind, i'll have to do this myself so no milling or lathes...

So in the end I would end up with a 29" 20mm carbon crown coil revelation I can run at 130-140mm...

What do the expert think?
    Don't think they make Revelation 29er lowers in 20mm only 15mm. I converted a Reba 120 29er into a coil fork. Required spring cutting & spring rod shortening. Not sure exactly what would be the outcome running a 26" CSU and Revelation 29er lowers. You would have a limited offset from the 26" CSU. My coil Reba was better than the Dual Air but lacked bottmout control. My Manitou Tower 29 Expert 120 works better than any of my RS products.

Members who have read this thread: 0