Does anyone know any thing about the FOX 34 Float Rhythm EVOL?- Mtbr.com
    DFL

Does anyone know any thing about the FOX 34 Float Rhythm EVOL?

I'm considering a Niner Jet 9 1 Star Alloy, and this is the fork it comes with. I called Niner and they don't know a whole lot about it, does anyone on here? I'm basically wanting to know how adjustable it is, and whether or not it would stand up to my 6' 250#.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

DFL
    Anyone?
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    It has a 2 position grip compression damper and rebound damping adjustment. It's very similar to the Performance line except it has only 2 positions on the compression damping adjuster and a heavier crown.

https://mbaction.com/fox-float-34-rhythm-fork-test/

I'm sure it will stand up to your weight. I am 230# and my 34 is fine. Even my 32mm Reba is fine. You might be happier with a 36 or a Lyrik, but there is only one way to find out.
    My name is George. Iím unemployed and I live with my parents.
    2017 BMC Speedfox 25-622 ISO
    2017 Salsa Timberjack 40-584 ISO

mtbr member
    Actually, it has an infinite number of compression settings. You can leave the knob anywhere between either extreme. The performance version of the Grip damper adds a detent in the middle of rotation, but you can still leave the knob anywhere.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I just got one on my 2017 Anthem with 120mm travel and I love it. I'm 240lbs riding weight and I keep it fully open. This is a great fork so far. You can even get air spacers for it to increase the ramp up like the bottomless tokens that RockShox uses. I haven't tried them yet but I'm very happy with the performance so far. It's stiff and plush at the same time. You won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    Actually, it has an infinite number of compression settings. You can leave the knob anywhere between either extreme. The performance version of the Grip damper adds a detent in the middle of rotation, but you can still leave the knob anywhere.
    Yes, the lever can be set anywhere along the almost 3/4 turn for damping. I usually set it at the 3 o'clock position for climbing and notice great improvement in power transfer from the pedals into the bike.
    Now, I have a 2017 Trance 2 with the Fox Rhythm fork. I was skeptical at first as there isn't much info on the interweb about this new fork. But tested the bike and was impressed. Then bought the bike and now I continue to be impressed. Is it as good as my buddy's Rockshox Pike on his Devinci Spartan, no. BUT, this fork is impressive nevertheless.
    I will say that it took me a little while to dial it in, but I'm assuming here that no fork comes off the factory floor set the exact way you want/like it.
    In my opinion, the fork is plush in the initial and mid stroke. But it then ramps up very quickly and prevents it from bottoming out. I'm 5'9" and 180 lbs. I have not messed around with any tokens yet though.
    In Conclusion, this is a decent fork for being on mid price range trail bikes. You won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I have one on my Santa Cruz 5010 and like it. The fork is an OEM only offering and uses a different Aluminum upper tube than the more expensive Fox forks. The Rhythm has gotten rave review from the various publications