Do new forks come with shock pumps, or Star nuts?- Mtbr.com
    I like to ride my bike.

Do new forks come with shock pumps, or Star nuts?

I want a new fork soooooooooooooo badly, either the manitou minute 3 with IT, or Reba sl U-turn, do either of these come with shock pumps, or star nuts instaled? Thanks
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

mtbr member
    Most new forks come with a starnut. Of if you are getting a new headset then most headsets come with one too. If not then most good shops should have one.

As for shock pumps for manitou you will have to buy one on your own. Not sure about RS. But those sell for about $20, and you don't have to buy your fork's brand.
    Bikeless Rider

All 26.5" all the time!
    Star nuts are considered part of the headset. In my experience very few forks come with them at all, and none have them installed.

Many of the high end forks come with pumps, most moderately priced ones do not. You'll have to ask the manufacturer to be sure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Williams
    I want a new fork soooooooooooooo badly, either the manitou minute 3 with IT, or Reba sl U-turn, do either of these come with shock pumps, or star nuts instaled? Thanks
    No pump, no star nut.

The Ancient One
    My new Revelation, kind of a tall Reba, came with a pump.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Fox air forx come with *nuts and a pump. The coil versions come with *nuts and 2 extra springs (soft & firm).

mtbr member
    My Vanilla came with a nut. And my Slider came with a nut. I think that it does depend on what fork. A nut really doesn't cost all that much so don't even sweat it. I believe that all Foxes come with a pump.
    Bikeless Rider

TNC
    noMAD man

I was quite impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Fox air forx come with *nuts and a pump. The coil versions come with *nuts and 2 extra springs (soft & firm).
    When my Vanilla 36 came, my first Fox fork, it had the two extra springs packed with it...one above my weight and one below. I was also surprised to see a star nut in the box. The extra springs and star nut were a first from any fork manufacturer for me. I'm a strong Marzocchi fan, but I've never received anything "extra" with one of their forks...oh, except maybe those two little mysterious spacers many ask about for certain brake caliper mounting applications.

ballbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Williams
    Sometimes forks come with star nut, and air forks typically come with a shock pump. At least my Reba did. Not a real great shock pump, but it works.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bought a Platinum 4 weeks ago. No nut, no pump. But it did come with leak at the bottom of the RH leg and a malfunctioning IT feature. These '05 forks are crap quality control.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    So was I. Although their CS needs some revamping. When I (my LBS) ordered the fork we asked that they ship a Yellow spring and overnight the fork to us, which the customer paid for. They quoted us a price of $27.50, overnight Cali to Ohio, not bad. When we got the fork they charged us double for shipping and sent an 04 (Van 125) Yellow spring.

Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    When my Vanilla 36 came, my first Fox fork, it had the two extra springs packed with it...one above my weight and one below. I was also surprised to see a star nut in the box. The extra springs and star nut were a first from any fork manufacturer for me. I'm a strong Marzocchi fan, but I've never received anything "extra" with one of their forks...oh, except maybe those two little mysterious spacers many ask about for certain brake caliper mounting applications.

Sep 2005
    Reba Race U-Turn from Pricepoint... no pump, no nut.

Incredible fork by the way.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    My '05 Reba Team came with a Pump, no star though.

Members who have read this thread: 1