DHX Coil vs. Air?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. DHX Coil vs. Air?

I'm currently torn between the DHX Coil and Air. I am leaning towards the coil though. I do heavy trail riding, jumping, and drops no larger than 5 ft. I do plan to progress bigger though. And i dont mind the extra Ib. I am currently riding an 05 Kona Coiler. What would you get?
    If I want your opinion, I will give give it to you...

You got like 3 feet of air that time... -Napoleon Dynamite

Elitest thrill junkie
    Do a search, there's some good discussions on the subject.

In a nutshell;

On the same bike, I liked the DHX-C much better. It was much more consistant and use it's travel much better. With the same settings, the DHX-A blew through the travel and felt kind of crappy at higher speed when bumps would over-compress the damper and it would have little travel left for the next bump. The DHX-C would not do this, in fact I can run 33-40% sag on the DHX-C and not worry about bottoming and it still uses the travel very well. I can't make the DHX-A do this, it just blows through the travel and does what I described above. The slow to medium-speed performance of the DHX-A is very good, seems better than the DHX-C, but this is because it's blowing through the travel and using an excessive amount of stroke for bumps. The DHX-C is much more "consistant" in one word, and I have removed the DHX-A and will not be using it in any forseeable future circumstances.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Members who have read this thread: 0