Converting Lyrik Coul to Air- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Converting Lyrik Coul to Air

Has anyone here successfully converted their Lyrik Coil to Air?
    I've seen mention of this happening and am curious if the parts are readily available..
    Really don't need travel adjust (or weight of coil) but would like to keep the mission control which the revelations do not have..

Thanks.

EDR
    Why why why why? Lol.

Anyhow i've heard you can go air to coil but not visa-versa. The inside of the tubes are polished very smooth on the air version to ensure a proper air seal, not so on the coil version.

Disclaimer: I only relay this info to you from what I have read on mtbr and other sites, so hopefully more info will come your way to confirm/deny this.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Any idea on cost going the other way?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theFuzz
    Has anyone here successfully converted their Lyrik Coil to Air?
    I've seen mention of this happening and am curious if the parts are readily available..
    Really don't need travel adjust (or weight of coil) but would like to keep the mission control which the revelations do not have..

Thanks.
    tired of that small bump compliance? i know what you mean. i'd take a sticky air fork over a plush coil every time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The inside of Lyrics use a plastic tube liner preventing scratching, you need to get a whole air assembly.Gonna run around 150$ish for the 2step, dont know off hand for the solo air.

mtbr member
    What model year do you have?

The 2010's do not the sleeve inside and you might have already scratched your stanctions. I have a 2010 Coil DH that I converted to the soloAIR. Required purchasing the top cop and spring assembly, BTI stocks the parts.

BTI# RS-3106
    SRAM# 11.4015.083.000
    Air Top Cap Lyrik (Solo Air)

BTI# RS-3942
    SRAM# 11.4015.417.010
    SoloAir spring kit 07-10 Lyrik 160/170

Conversion was strait foward and saved around 130 grams. It worked well but was not as plush as the coil so I swapped it back. If your stantcions are not scratched up the kit I have fits 2007 and newer forks, if interesed you can send me a PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0