Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Coil Fork recommendations

464 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  farmboybunk 
#1 ·
What is a decent weight, low maintenance 80-100mm fork for a santacruz super? I go 200lb, intermediate singletrack rider. We are heading out for Alaska and the West coast for 8-10 months and we hit all the backroads and out of the way areas far from bike shops and civilization (wal-mart). I need something reliable so i can be riding and not wrenching. I am leery of the air spring lightweights as many posts talk of monthly maintenance. Any ideas are appreciated

#2 ·
It's a little known fact...

rebrobin said:
What is a decent weight, low maintenance 80-100mm fork for a santacruz super? I go 200lb, intermediate singletrack rider. We are heading out for Alaska and the West coast for 8-10 months and we hit all the backroads and out of the way areas far from bike shops and civilization (wal-mart). I need something reliable so i can be riding and not wrenching. I am leery of the air spring lightweights as many posts talk of monthly maintenance. Any ideas are appreciated
...you can slap a spring in a REBA which would get you a 100mm springy fork. Also, you can snag a Vanilla R for $410 retail (usually less) and have the guts swapped around so it's 100mm instead of 130mm.

Not that I've been looking at this stuff lately or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.