Changing Shock Reducers- Mtbr.com

Apr 2006

Changing Shock Reducers

I got an unbelievable deal on a DHX 5 but need to change the reducers for my bike. I called Fox and ordered the reducers but I was wondering if this is an LBS only kind of job or, if the tools are available, something I could do myself. I wouldn't say I'm mechanically inclined but I can generally accomplish a task if instructions are available. Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    leop,
    If you have a soft jaw vice or some vice grips (wrapped in some tape/rag) you can carefully remove them yourself

mtbr member
    I'll go out on a limb here and take it you mean the mounting bushings right? If so it's an easy enough job to do and shouldn't require anything more tool wise than most people would have around the house. My shock mounts using Allen Head bolts so that's easy enough, then all you have to do is get the old bushings out and push the new ones in. I'm sure someone will chime in with exact instructions if you ask nice enough, but really it's not rocket science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Whoaohohohoh
    easy out for reducers....

small socket set and a vice for the du bushings.

Members who have read this thread: 0