Buyer Beware!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Buyer Beware!

not so super...

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Buyer Beware!

FYI...I just noticed this because of a thread on the Turner forum:

Marzocchi is marketing 2 different All Mountain lines. There are "AM" (AM1 & AM2) models and the "All Mountain" ( All Mountain1 & All Mountain2) models.

The AM models do not have the TAS travel adjustment feature and only the All Mountain1 has the TST.

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/li...2&IDAnno=28182

Freshly Fujified

Good call

I just hope this doesn't mean Marzocchi products and specs will become as confusing as Shimanos.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Yeah, I noticed that the other day. It looks like they are some type of a hybrid as they have 05 lowers, 05 crown, and a steel steerer? Also, any idea what the "Adjustable Alloy Piston Rod" damper is?

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    I just hope this doesn't mean Marzocchi products and specs will become as confusing as Shimanos.
    too late!

No mention anywhere on their site what the Adj alu piston rod damping is.
    Last edited by SSINGA; 11-21-2005 at 02:06 PM.

No, that's not phonetic
    That's focked up, but still not as bad as the new Rockshox number salad.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Yeah, I noticed that the other day. It looks like they are some type of a hybrid as they have 05 lowers, 05 crown, and a steel steerer? Also, any idea what the "Adjustable Alloy Piston Rod" damper is?

_MK
    Fancy name for a SSV pumping rod... Just that some models have a crappy plastic one and these ones have alloy ones. You just can't make a pumping rod adjustable being it plastic and expect a long life. Unusual for Zoke but common practice among other mfgr's.

Not fued up but rather disguising... I find the RS's number salad pretty logical, higher number, higher price and features. But I gotta accept that last year's SL, Race, Team stuff was far more easier.

Actually I think some more people will fall into Zoke's AM trap than RS's number salads. The salad number is so little representative (you can guess that a higher model has a higher price, but just that, you can't guess what features it has) that makes you wanna doublecheck. Zoke stuff is like "This is a Zoke AM1, this gotta be the top-notch fork" and then click on "Add to cart".

SSINGA.... Thanks for the heads up. Emptor Caveat!!
    Check my Site

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    Not that bad....

47X Crap between Alivio and Deore in disguise.
    51X, 52X, , 55X, Old Deore, 53X, New Deore
    56X Old LX, 58X New LX (Dual Control)
    75X, Old XT, 76X New XT (Dual Control)

I don't remember XTR though... Is so out of my budget that I have never ever worried on checking on those. I know it starts with 9XX but I can't tell Dual Control from Rapid-Fire.
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0