Bushing slop Fox Vanilla '05 RLC - what is acceptable?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

New question here. Bushing slop Fox Vanilla '05 RLC - what is acceptable?

I have a 2005 Fox Vanilla RLC set at 120mm travel., used for XC riding. There is noticeable bushing slop which is NOT coming from the headset (Chris King, doing just fine)
    The bushing slop is definitely more than when the fork was still new just over 2 months ago.
    What is acceptable as normal, as the slotted Fox bushings are known to have tolerance issues leading to bushing slop.
    When is it necessary to fit new bushings?

Apparently the local Fox agents won't warranty the fork as I have set it at 120mm travel (not standard) with nylon custom spacers and fitted Enduro oil- and wiper seals.
    Goatman
    - It's not the destination that counts but how you get there -

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

I would send it to Push Industries

Quote Originally Posted by goatman
    I have a 2005 Fox Vanilla RLC set at 120mm travel., used for XC riding. There is noticeable bushing slop which is NOT coming from the headset (Chris King, doing just fine)
    The bushing slop is definitely more than when the fork was still new just over 2 months ago.
    What is acceptable as normal, as the slotted Fox bushings are known to have tolerance issues leading to bushing slop.
    When is it necessary to fit new bushings?

Apparently the local Fox agents won't warranty the fork as I have set it at 120mm travel (not standard) with nylon custom spacers and fitted Enduro oil- and wiper seals.
    I have ridden a number of Fox Vanilla's and can always feel a touch of play. I hated it in mine. My '05 Fox Vanilla was Pushed and has zero bushing play. Fox is a bunch of turds when it comes to even admitting there is a problem with bushing play on their forks. Otherwise, they are great. If you like the stock feel, some do, just have Push do a rebuild. Otherwise, for $150 plus shipping they will completely rebuild your fork. They do use stock Fox seals but I bet they would just leave your Enduro seals in...might lower the cost a touch. Give 'em a call.

Jaybo

Members who have read this thread: 0