Biggest Tire that will fit on Tora 289?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Biggest Tire that will fit on Tora 289?

Does anyone know if a 2.4 or 2.5 will fit in a Tora 289?

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by todd123
    Does anyone know if a 2.4 or 2.5 will fit in a Tora 289?
    It depends on the particular tire. Companies all measure tires differently, or even measure different tires differently. A friend has a Fat Albert 2.35 in his 318 which is the same chassis, and that is the size of many 2.4's out there. Another friend fit an Ardent 2.4, but it did not look like you could go much bigger than that. OTOH, a Weirwolf 2.5 would certainly fit, as it is undersized. A Rubber Queen 2.4 could be problematic.

Oct 2007
    i ran a 2.35 rampage without problems.. but really, if you're riding in places that need a 2.5 inch level tire, you need a new fork!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yeah I would love to have new fork with more travel but I can't afford one right now. One of my favorite local trails is a downhill trail but I only have a 5 inch travel bike so I figured I would try some bigger tires for a little more control.

Former Bike Wrench
    go with 2.35" tires and you'll be fine like a Kenda Nevegal or similar (or as suggested, a 2.5" WTB Weirwolf will work).

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by todd123
    Yeah I would love to have new fork with more travel but I can't afford one right now. One of my favorite local trails is a downhill trail but I only have a 5 inch travel bike so I figured I would try some bigger tires for a little more control.
    If you want to go with a fatty in the front, go ahead, there is no reason not to. If I was stuck with that fork it is exactly what I would do.

Members who have read this thread: 0