• 11-16-2005
    [bEn]
    Biggest fork on a Giant Yukon?
    Well the fork i currently have on my xc bike (2005 Giant Yukon) isn't travelling very well. It's an SR-SUNTOUR with 75mm of travel. Most people recommend 80mm of travel for xc but i would just like know whats the most amount of travel i could have on my Yukon. Would 100mm be the MAX? Or can i go higher? I don't want to put too much pressure on the head tube.
  • 11-17-2005
    damion
    More than that.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by [bEn]
    Well the fork i currently have on my xc bike (2005 Giant Yukon) isn't travelling very well. It's an SR-SUNTOUR with 75mm of travel. Most people recommend 80mm of travel for xc but i would just like know whats the most amount of travel i could have on my Yukon. Would 100mm be the MAX? Or can i go higher? I don't want to put too much pressure on the head tube.

You will also change the handling. It is designed around a 80mm fork, so 100mm may not be a big deal. No more than that.
  • 11-17-2005
    [bEn]
    Ok, yeah i'll look for a decent 80mm fork. Thanks.
  • 11-18-2005
    [bEn]
    Alright, thanks. I'll look into it.
  • 11-19-2005
    West Side Rider
    upgrading the suntour
    I have the 05 yukon and the Suntour doesn't seem to do anything unless you hit something with significant size. I just ordered a March EXR 100 on ebay, hopefully this will work out. I think they put the same one on the Ranier, so it cant be that far off
  • 11-20-2005
    Prexus2005
    I would go with a Marzocchi Mx Comp ETA 105mm. Good amount of travel and ETA to lock/lower the fork for climbs. the Marzocchi Mx comp 85mm would also be a good match. Check www.jensonusa.com. I think the 85mm is on sale for $160ish and the 105mm w/ ETA is $210ish.

Phil.