Which is better?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Which is better?

Understanding that change isn't always for the best, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on which fork is better (and why) a 2001 100mm x-fly or a 2003 105 mm marathon sl.

It seems like in a lot of ways they are the same. The marathon has the ECC 5 adjuster but the x-fly also has ecc though it may not be as easy to use. Any thoughts? Not only on performance, but ease of setting up and maintaining.

Thanks
    Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see!

TNC
    noMAD man
    Refresh my memory...do either one of those have the "true" Doppio air system, and is the damping cart in either or both SSV or HSCV?

www.derbyrims.com

I have a '01 x-fly 100

Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Refresh my memory...do either one of those have the "true" Doppio air system, and is the damping cart in either or both SSV or HSCV?
    It has a simple orifice damper (not shimmed), "SSV" type I think it's called. And works well with such short travel. It has a firm coil topout spring. It worked pretty good using rebound dmaping to avoid harsh top-out. I put coils in it after a few months and it worked much smoother at topout, less dive, and with less damping required.

I don't know about the '03 Marathon fork mentioned in the first post.

- ray

Members who have read this thread: 0