Beta on the Mattoc?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Beta on the Mattoc?

I'm still holding out for the release of the Mattoc; not entirely sold on the Pike due to the bushing issues.

I was told that the initial release of Dec 2013 was pushed back. Does anybody have any knowledge about when they might be coming out now?

mtbr member
    I talked to Manitou the other day and they don't have the sales samples done yet for the industry or the tech samples for the creation of the manual. That could all happen quickly, if it happens quickly, of course. I would guess Jan-Feb but I wouldn't bet money on it.

I question the point of releasing a new product when you don't have a new product. Every day since introduction means a lost sale.

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I've been a long time Manitou fanboy, their products are excellent, prices fair, and service first rate. But I've been disappointed with them "releasing" new product that isn't available to purchase for a year. I've been patiently waiting for a 27.5 Manitou fork for a while and eventually got fed up and went with RS Revelation fork.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Im in the same boat. I wanna get the mattoc or revelation. I might just hold out since the mattoc has bigger sanctions. I was gonna get the pike but it seems a little overkill for my 140mm travel stumpy.

For the new revelation how is the travel adjusted in 10mm increments? So if I buy a 150mm fork how could bump it down to 140mm? I dont think the pike has that feature.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    That reminds me, I emailed the Manitou techs, and found out that the Mattoc will have internally adjustable travel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    Im in the same boat. I wanna get the mattoc or revelation. I might just hold out since the mattoc has bigger sanctions. I was gonna get the pike but it seems a little overkill for my 140mm travel stumpy.

For the new revelation how is the travel adjusted in 10mm increments? So if I buy a 150mm fork how could bump it down to 140mm? I dont think the pike has that feature.
    Yea the Revelation is internally adjustable by buying the Solo air shafts at around $30 a piece. It's adjustable from 100-150mm in 10mm increments. It's not terrible to change out the shafts, it's just about the same as doing an air spring service.

mtbr member
    I might be the biggest Manitou fan around, But I am also realistic. It took Manitou 5 years to get this far, Im not holding my breath for a release before spring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    I might be the biggest Manitou fan around, But I am also realistic. It took Manitou 5 years to get this far, Im not holding my breath for a release before spring.
    Spring of 2014 or 2015? (:

I agree, it has been a long time coming. I secretly hope they are changing the 15mm to a 20mm QR front axle.
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Spring of 2014 or 2015? (:

I agree, it has been a long time coming. I secretly hope they are changing the 15mm to a 20mm QR front axle.
    I have been waiting a few years for a new Manitou 160mm fork. Problem is that I am getting older now and am considering selling my AM bike for a 130mm trail bike since I dont ride as aggressively as I used to. Its finally here, and I probably wont have a bike to put it on. Story of my life.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by half_man_half_scab View Post
    That reminds me, I emailed the Manitou techs, and found out that the Mattoc will have internally adjustable travel.
    Is this thing Mars Air Spring? if so, more likely it will need new shaft assemblies to adjust travel.

Anyway, interesting products.
    Check my Site

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by half_man_half_scab View Post
    not entirely sold on the Pike due to the bushing issues.
    I think that totally ignores how many pikes have gotten out, both aftermarket and on new bikes. It has to be one of the biggest production runs ever for RS and likely mtb suspension manufacturers overall, selling like crazy left and right. There have been a few failures, nothing that seems to be indicative of a systemic problem, and given the number of these forks out and being ridden, it's pretty impressive IMO.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Is this thing Mars Air Spring? if so, more likely it will need new shaft assemblies to adjust travel.
    Nope, It seems to me that it uses a reversed Dorado air spring, which will probably just take spacers to reduce travel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post

Anyway, interesting products.
    The Pro and Expert forks use the Dorado air spring, the Comp uses the Mars air spring.
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Mattoc wont be avialble till late feburary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    Mattoc wont be avialble till late feburary.

But honestly, that is actually GOOD news - if we are talking February 2014! I was afraid this would trail into the fall of 2014 and into 2015...
    It is the Right of the People to Alter or to Abolish It.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    But honestly, that is actually GOOD news - if we are talking February 2014! I was afraid this would trail into the fall of 2014 and into 2015...

Here, I made a large review and some more are coming :-)
    Just have to use google translator or similar. But I tried to keep the german simple, so it will hopefully bring forth sth, that can be understood ;-)

Manitou Mattoc Pro Fahrberichte und Erfahrungen | MTB-News.de

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    The Manitou rep told me approx March 10 release date.