Best XC fork- Mtbr.com

Thread: Best XC fork

MBAA!

Best XC fork

Ok everyone, im getting into XC racing and currently have a Pilot XC POS. I have an offer pending for a Minute 02 for 230$. Should I go for it, or wait for the RSEVEN? Im not a weight weenie, just want a good fork.
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    Ok everyone, im getting into XC racing and currently have a Pilot XC POS. I have an offer pending for a Minute 02 for 230$. Should I go for it, or wait for the RSEVEN? Im not a weight weenie, just want a good fork.
    Get a Marathon XC or SL for some 360 bucks from downshiftcycles.com
    Another nice offer is the Reba SL '05... looking for carefully, you can still snag one for some 280 bucks or so.

Both are much better forks than the Minute for the intended use... being the Reba a tad lighter but with terrific damping. The Marathons are best damped yet and hyper-reliable.

With Manitou is hit-or-miss. You can get a nice fork or a real PITA.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sorry, but got to pimp the REBA too. All I can say is that it has served me faithfully for 2300+ miles with one recent service a couple hundred miles ago. It's super adjustable and easy to dial-in. It's light IMHO at 3.5lbs for the SL. Personally I think that this fork could get voted fork of the year for 2005, have not heard a bad work by anyone who owns one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

Members who have read this thread: 0