basic Super T help- Mtbr.com

Nov 2005

basic Super T help

OK, I've got an NIB '02 super T & I'm just starting to play with it. I've downloaded the manual from 'zocchi, & it makes a big deal about one of the tuning functions being changing the oil level. OK fine ~ "remove the caps, take out the springs, collapse the stancions, measure down the fork leg, +/- 10% depending on what you wanna do. Change the weight depending on what you're looking for, change the springs if you feel the need. blah blah etc.

Ok, great. But just how do you "remove" the caps? I've got 'em unscrewed, legs collapsed & I don't see just how you remove them? My caps have the lil preload knob, with the cartridge clicker knob in the middle of those & what looks like a solid rod running from the rebound clicker down through the spacers & springs to the cartridge, I presume, on both sides.

I ass/u/me that if I can get the caps off, the springs will follow - right?

TIA

TNC
    noMAD man
    Do you see a little lock screw on the side of the adjuster knob?...loosen it until you can lift the adjuster knob off the cartridge shaft. Now you should see a C-clip holding the cap to the cartridge shaft...remove it. The cap should lift off now.

Nov 2005
    lol.... of course that's what you do

thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0