Anyone know anything about Pro Shocks forks.- Mtbr.com
    singlespeed smash brother

Anyone know anything about Pro Shocks forks.

Anyone know anything about Pro Shocks forks. Looks like a head shock but for regular headtubes. They havn't much info on the site. Anyone ride one?

http://www.actiontec.us/proshock.htm

Nov 2005
    Considering a couple things:

1.) The fork still has canti mounts on it.
    2.) It is hot pink.

I have a feeling this fork isn't exactly a hot item on this year's christmas lists. With that said, perhaps you will find somebody who actually has one of these, however unlikely it appears to be.

Also, I hate to say it, but I don't think a 1.25" head tube is very common any more. In fact, I don't know any other frames that can use a 1.25" threaded headset besides the ones that Action-Tec themselves make. But then again, I could be totally wrong. I suppose if you made the headset races thinner horizontally, you could fit another 1/4" thicker steerer tube in a standard head tube. But now I am just babbling nonsense.

mtbr member
    Replied in the SS forum (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...39#post1357639)
    Quite a few people still ride them, and they are still available with custom a-c and brake mounts - canti mounts are optional, as are ISO disc mounts. I have 2, and I like them. Stock colors are black or red, but fork blades can be custom painted before they are assembled.

The 1-1/4" head tube is the problem, not many around unless you go custom. The threaded headset is hard to find, but still available from Chris King. ActionTec use to offer a service to bore out aluminium head tubes to the 1.25" standard - they said it was possible with many frames.

Members who have read this thread: 0