Anybody have the 06 Marzocchi Z1 FR SL yet???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Anybody have the 06 Marzocchi Z1 FR SL yet???

I'm seriously considering this fork for my 06 Enduro vs. the Fox 36. But I was wondering if anyone has any comments about it's performance? Has anybody weighed one?

Pete

If it looks like it works and it feels like it works...Then it works

aka Jesse Palmer
    Quote Originally Posted by pm55
    I'm seriously considering this fork for my 06 Enduro vs. the Fox 36. But I was wondering if anyone has any comments about it's performance? Has anybody weighed one?
    1977 grams = 4.35853892 pounds according to speedgoat.com
    I have a 2004 Z1sl and it is about that weight also. I might get either one of these or maybe even a 66sl (about .8lbs heavier). There is a massive thread about the 66sl here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=148489

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jp3d
    1977 grams = 4.35853892 pounds according to speedgoat.com
    I have a 2004 Z1sl and it is about that weight also. I might get either one of these or maybe even a 66sl (about .8lbs heavier). There is a massive thread about the 66sl here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=148489
    Well, that's only partly correct. The weight 1977 grams is without the steer tube. And as you all know it's pretty hard to ride without it. So you have to add aproximately 250-300 grams to get the final weight.

Now, with that said, the weight of the Marzocchi Z1 FR SL will most likely land in at about 2250 gr. (with uncut steer tube.) The weight of the Fox 36 RC2 is 2400 gr. (with uncut steer tube and w/ 20 mm axle.)

And, if you haven't allready seen it, here's a list which tells you how much each Marzocchi fork weigh.(offcourse, still without steer tube)

The link.

Anyway, good luck with you choice pm55. They're both great forks so you can't go wrong with either of them.

Elitest thrill junkie
    nm...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

aka Jesse Palmer
    I think Marzocchi actually is including steer tube now, they state the target weight of the 66RCX2 for example as "2950 g. w/ steer tube (255 g.)" so is that 2950g including steer tube which is 255g or 2950g without the steer tube which is 255g? Confusing. Someone else said in another thread about the 66sl that the weight is in fact including the steer tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders E
    Well, that's only partly correct. The weight 1977 grams is without the steer tube. And as you all know it's pretty hard to ride without it. So you have to add aproximately 250-300 grams to get the final weight.

Now, with that said, the weight of the Marzocchi Z1 FR SL will most likely land in at about 2250 gr. (with uncut steer tube.) The weight of the Fox 36 RC2 is 2400 gr. (with uncut steer tube and w/ 20 mm axle.)

And, if you haven't allready seen it, here's a list which tells you how much each Marzocchi fork weigh.(offcourse, still without steer tube)

The link.

Anyway, good luck with you choice pm55. They're both great forks so you can't go wrong with either of them.

Dec 2005
    I think Marzocchi actually is including steer tube now, they state the target weight of the 66RCX2 for example as "2950 g. w/ steer tube (255 g.)" so is that 2950g including steer tube which is 255g or 2950g without the steer tube which is 255g? Confusing. Someone else said in another thread about the 66sl that the weight is in fact including the steer tube.
    correct
    Marzocchi now weighs them complete.

I've seen the 66sl weighed at 6.7 lbs. +- a little.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by SpawningGround
    correct
    Marzocchi now weighs them complete.

I've seen the 66sl weighed at 6.7 lbs. +- a little.
    no no, 5.7lbs for the 66sl. The 66light ETA (the heaviest one of the bunch) weighs in at about 6.5lbs. I'll be weighing mine thurs-friday.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Dirt Diva Little h

Z1 Sl

Quote Originally Posted by pm55

Mine just arrived today and the digital scale will arrive tomorrow. I will weight it before installation and post the weight.

Correction the scale just came. The fork with the white sticker covers removed, uncut steerer, axle with bolts ...2170gm ( 4.78 lbs). The stickers are crappy and started comimg off when removing the white covering a plus for when I remove the warning stuff.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-05-2006 at 02:37 PM. Reason: The scale scale is here!!!!

mtbr member
    I have a 2004 Z1sl
    I'm thinking about picking one up used. How do you like it? What's it on? Mine would go on a Haro Escape.

Members who have read this thread: 0