Anybody has any riding time on a Manitou Mattoc?- Mtbr.com
    Singletrack Addict!!!

Anybody has any riding time on a Manitou Mattoc?

As price is more appealing than the Pike... I still have a Nixon TPC+ which is a great fork. So if the Mattoc is a lighter, stiffer and more adjustable version of it, should be a winner!!
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    I don't think any shops have them in stock yet so you probably won't find many people that have used them.

Pricepoint have had them listed for a while as 'Backordered'

CRC have had them listed for a while as 'Out of Stock, Due 17/02/2014'

Bike-Components have them listed as 'delivery period approx. 20 days or more'

mtbr member
    Hayes/Manitou screwed up by announcing this fork WAY before it would be available. Huge mistake as many people will have moved on to a Pike or something else and the excitement will fade away.

It's too bad. They know they made a mistake. I talked to the guy writing the tech guide for the fork and he said he was waiting for his fork to break down to write the manual about a month after the fork was announced. He hadn't even SEEN one yet. So they had a fork before the manual and they were trying to promote them when they weren't even sure when they would be available. For a company with a lot of market share to reclaim, they made a rookie mistake. I think they make quality stuff but it's hard to sell stuff when you can't get it.

mk
    TrailWerks Cyclery
    TrailWerks Suspension Service

trailwerkssuspension.com
    trailwerkscyclery.com

AKA Mr.Habanero
    Yeah, thats too bad. It looks like a rad fork.

mtbr member
    If they actually come out in mid February, the wait wouldnt be any longer then the wait for the DVO Emerald or Jade that took close to year to ship after being announced.

That said, I really wanted one, but didnt want to switch to a 15mm axle, so I went in another direction. Sorry Manitou.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    That said, I really wanted one, but didnt want to switch to a 15mm axle, so I went in another direction. Sorry Manitou.
    The 15mm only axle really is a terrible idea. Go ahead and offer the 15mm option. But real forks also need a 20mm option.
    Not some 9g lighter and heaps flexier option that Fox invented because their 32mm fork didn't have enough offset for a real axle.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz, Mech Engineer, Tuner, Manitou, Motorex, Vorsprung EPTC, SKF, Enduro
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    For anyone interested, they seem to be in stock at Pricepoint:

Manitou Mattoc Pro 160mm Tapered QR15 26 Fork 2014 | Manitou | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by honns View Post
    For anyone interested, they seem to be in stock at Pricepoint:

Manitou Mattoc Pro 160mm Tapered QR15 26 Fork 2014 | Manitou | Brand | www.PricePoint.com
    I thought the same thing until I tried to checkout, backordered

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    And you can get the 2014 Pike cheaper right now:

http://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-de...ff-896480.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by half_man_half_scab View Post
    And you can get the 2014 Pike cheaper right now:

http://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-de...ff-896480.html
    I was not expecting a pike to be over $1k. Guess it's been a while since I last looked.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz, Mech Engineer, Tuner, Manitou, Motorex, Vorsprung EPTC, SKF, Enduro
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    The 15mm only axle really is a terrible idea. Go ahead and offer the 15mm option. But real forks also need a 20mm option.
    Not some 9g lighter and heaps flexier option that Fox invented because their 32mm fork didn't have enough offset for a real axle.
    I'm keen to see the mattoc arrive.If the rev is anything to go by I'm a bit suspicious of all the love for the Pike.

If their rearward fork arch is as beefy as Dt swiss forks there isn't a problem. Mine are uber torsionally stiff and track on a knife edge.Plenty of 32mm for and aft twang compared to my F36's but torsionally stiffer than a Rev with a 20mm axle. The 20mm axle didn't nothing to stop the Minute 140 being an absolute noodle. Design of the lowers seems to have as much or more effect.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    I'm keen to see the mattoc arrive.If the rev is anything to go by I'm a bit suspicious of all the love for the Pike.

If their rearward fork arch is as beefy as Dt swiss forks there isn't a problem. Mine are uber torsionally stiff and track on a knife edge.Plenty of 32mm for and aft twang compared to my F36's but torsionally stiffer than a Rev with a 20mm axle. The 20mm axle didn't nothing to stop the Minute 140 being an absolute noodle. Design of the lowers seems to have as much or more effect.
    I've never seen anything behind the pike love either. The previous one is an orifice damper with a blow-off and people raved about it?????

My Nixons are almost exactly the same chassis as your 140 minutes. I'd never describe them as noodles.
    If you need a to reset your expectations, I have an alloy legged mag21 here somewhere!
    www.dougal.co.nz