all mountain 1 too plush

Printable View

• 07-09-2006
    fumanchuchu
    all mountain 1 too plush
    I've been trying to get my 150mm all mountain 1 dialed in and it seems that when I have recommended sag, the fork goes through its travel very easily in when the tst is set on ds.

It feels ok for my typical down hill action (3 foot jumps and drops here and there) when it is set on am, but this renders the two other setting useless, how can I get the ds setting to stiffen up so that I have the full range of adjustability?

Is this a spring, air, or damping issue?
  • 07-09-2006
    MK_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fumanchuchu
    I've been trying to get my 150mm all mountain 1 dialed in and it seems that when I have recommended sag, the fork goes through its travel very easily in when the tst is set on ds.

It feels ok for my typical down hill action (3 foot jumps and drops here and there) when it is set on am, but this renders the two other setting useless, how can I get the ds setting to stiffen up so that I have the full range of adjustability?

Is this a spring, air, or damping issue?

It could be an oil level issue. And don't get too hung up on the whole sag thing, it is just a good place to start. Set it up so it feels good, no so you have good looking numbers.

_MK
  • 07-11-2006
    Wadsworth McStackton
    I would start with adding about 10-15psi. Then, maybe some oil. I have the same fork. It felt a little soft too. I bumped up the psi to 70 and it felt a lot better. Good luck.
  • 07-11-2006
    Warp
    Yeah.. start with the air pressure. Check the oil level when you're either bottoming too much or not getting full travel.