Adjusting U-turn from 85-130- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,183

    Adjusting U-turn from 85-130

    I'm assuming when i crank the U-turn all the way to the right(-) as far as it goes with resistance, that's 85, and all the way to the left(+) is 130. Now if I crank it all the way to the right which is 85, and than give it one turn to the left, is that 100?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    128
    Yeah when you turn it to the left and you fork gets shorter... it's getting shorter.

    And when you turn it to the right and it looks like it's getting less shorter... it's getting longer.

    And when you turn it a little bit and it gets a little bit longer... it getting a little bit longer.

    Bigger numbers represent "more". IN GENERAL. For example; 100 millimeters is more than 80 millitmeters. How much more? Nobody really knows.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayphus
    Yeah when you turn it to the left and you fork gets shorter... it's getting shorter.

    And when you turn it to the right and it looks like it's getting less shorter... it's getting longer.

    And when you turn it a little bit and it gets a little bit longer... it getting a little bit longer.

    Bigger numbers represent "more". IN GENERAL. For example; 100 millimeters is more than 80 millitmeters. How much more? Nobody really knows.
    are you kidding me?
    did you understand my question? let me try again.
    when i'm all the way to the right it's 85mm. if i turn it one full circle to the left, how do i know it's 100mm?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    128

  5. #5
    Bicyclochondriac.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    13,906
    Quote Originally Posted by bwheelin
    are you kidding me?
    did you understand my question? let me try again.
    when i'm all the way to the right it's 85mm. if i turn it one full circle to the left, how do i know it's 100mm?
    divide the amount of travel change (45mm) by how many turns it takes to go from 85 to 130, and that will tell you how many mm per turn it is.

    It is that straight forward.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayphus
    Yeah when you turn it to the left and you fork gets shorter... it's getting shorter.

    And when you turn it to the right and it looks like it's getting less shorter... it's getting longer.

    And when you turn it a little bit and it gets a little bit longer... it getting a little bit longer.

    Bigger numbers represent "more". IN GENERAL. For example; 100 millimeters is more than 80 millitmeters. How much more? Nobody really knows.
    I think you're assuming the numbers are written on the stanchions. Some forks do not have this feature.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by General Hickey
    I think you're assuming the numbers are written on the stanchions. Some forks do not have this feature.

    Oh no sir I assure you. I assume nothing. I have been diggin thru this forums history looking for various infos and I've come across many of bwheelin's posts. I was just trying to speak his language.

    I'll take this chance to commend kapusta for being so patient with the inqueries of bwheelin, myself, and so many others.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.